View Poll Results: Have you experienced the squeaking in center console issue on your TCH ?
Yes
48.35%
No
51.65%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

NO Squeaking in the Center Console - how many ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: NO Squeaking in the Center Console - how many ?

15 days, no squeak so far. And if this is the most significant problem with the Camry, I'm a really happy JP TCH owner.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Along for the ride.....

Thought I heard it once about 3 weeks ago, not since....

Old 09-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AKM
Where are you guys without the squeaks located (hot or cold climate) and do you run the AC most the time?
HOT HOT HOT - Houston

I run the AC at about 77 all the time.

Got mine at the end of May, 4000+ miles and no squeak.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Hooked on Hybrid

Console squeak started at 300 miles (prob just took that long to notice it) here in hot Houston summer weather. Did the felt pad fix and been silent for two weeks now...

Old 09-25-2006, 03:28 AM
Enthusiast

NO Console squeek after 2750 Miles, couldn't be more happy with the performance, smooth ride & gas economy of our TCH!! Did I mention the QUIET Ride also??

Located near Buffalo, New York.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

We had no squeak until my wife ripped the whole console out when she was trying to pull a very tight phone charger out of the 12 volt port just below the shift ****. I successfully put it back together, but the squeak started. So, following the handy dandy directions posted, added some felt to the recommended points, plus some along the front edge where the console plastic meets the front storage cubby plastic. Squeak is gone.

Old 09-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Freeze
We had no squeak until my wife ripped the whole console out when she was trying to pull a very tight phone charger out of the 12 volt port just below the shift ****. I successfully put it back together, but the squeak started. So, following the handy dandy directions posted, added some felt to the recommended points, plus some along the front edge where the console plastic meets the front storage cubby plastic. Squeak is gone.
Have had the same experience with the very tight phone charger! I now know that you need to put a knee on it to put out the charger!

Old 09-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I finally took the time to fix my squeak. I used what is probably an excessive number of felt pads on mine, but the squeak is now gone. I basically put one everywhere that the upper plastic trim might contact the lower one. After I was done, I tapped the area around the heated seat switches, and found that I missed a spot, so I put a few more on the right side of that seat switch panel (where it meets the cupholder cover area).

It seems much more solid now - I followed Steve V's suggestion to get a felt "blanket" to line the inside of that tray that slides forward/back in the armrest so stuff in the tray doesn't make as much noise.

Much easier than bringing it to the dealer and letting them do their own version of trial and error on it!

Old 09-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Enthusiast

Have had squeaking in center console for 4,000 miles (6,000 total). Had it into the dealer twice with no long term success. Having new console installed tomorrow. Hope it fixes it for good. If not will have to try the felt solution.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjfcincy
Have had squeaking in center console for 4,000 miles (6,000 total). Had it into the dealer twice with no long term success. Having new console installed tomorrow. Hope it fixes it for good. If not will have to try the felt solution.
I'm a big proponent of having the dealer fix problems with new cars. Our TCH didn't have the squeak until provoked (see post above) and since then, I've been waffling between DIY and dealer. Looking at the posted photos, I was in and out of the fix within ten minutes. Beats the agony of sitting in a car dealer's waiting room.

Quick Reply: NO Squeaking in the Center Console - how many ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands