ODB II work with 2007 Camry?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default ODB II work with 2007 Camry?

Anybody try to connect an ODB II tester in the new TCH? I can use it successfully in my 2004 Camry with no errors, but it flashes all 8's when I plug it into the 2007.

Any ideas or comments?

Thanks in advances.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:20 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ODB II work with 2007 Camry?

skata — The TCH must be in ON or READY state for the ICE's ECU to be powered "on." Otherwise the scanner gets no response to its queries. Then it should work fine. I have a ScanGaugeII connected to the DLC3 (OBDII) port, and it works fine. By the way, the TCH's bus protocol is CANSF (CAN bus, Short identifier, Fast signalling).

Stan

Old 03-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SPL
skata — The TCH must be in ON or READY state for the ICE's ECU to be powered "on." Otherwise the scanner gets no response to its queries. Then it should work fine. I have a ScanGaugeII connected to the DLC3 (OBDII) port, and it works fine. By the way, the TCH's bus protocol is CANSF (CAN bus, Short identifier, Fast signalling).

Stan
Thanks, Stan. I did a little more research online and realize now that it uses the CAN bus. I will check around for something that suits my needs. I will check out the unit you are using. I appreciate the feedback and assurance that the OBDII with the CAN interface will work.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Malcontent

I think there's a ScanGauge group buy going on at priuschat right now. Supposedly, Linear Logic is changing its policy so that this will be the last time you'll be able to get them that cheap ($140-150).

I went in with an earlier group buy.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Squint
I think there's a ScanGauge group buy going on at priuschat right now. Supposedly, Linear Logic is changing its policy so that this will be the last time you'll be able to get them that cheap ($140-150).

I went in with an earlier group buy.
Thanks. I actually bought a cable kit (for around $100) that I can use with my laptop. Not that I am having any problems. Just curious of the workings of the OBDII system and the data that is available.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by skata
Thanks. I actually bought a cable kit (for around $100) that I can use with my laptop. Not that I am having any problems. Just curious of the workings of the OBDII system and the data that is available.
How do you use your laptop?

Old 03-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
How do you use your laptop?
Here is the link where I made my purchase:

There are several free programs that will run on the laptop. I checked a couple of them (without the cable yet) and they look pretty good.

I am hoping that this app will work with it:

Old 03-04-2007, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by skata
Here is the link where I made my purchase:

There are several free programs that will run on the laptop. I checked a couple of them (without the cable yet) and they look pretty good.

I am hoping that this app will work with it:
Thank you very much sir.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Thank you very much sir.
Shucks . Just call me Skata.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:48 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Will these scan tools allow me to make changes to the settings the the service tech performs ..ie turn off the seatbelt buzzer?

ALSO,
I watched the service tech change my seatbelt code and he had is "laptop" plugged into two ports on the TCH. One to the left and on to the right of the sterring wheel. What's with that?

Last edited by wilsons66604; 03-05-2007 at 03:52 AM.

Quick Reply: ODB II work with 2007 Camry?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands