Ontario, Canada Owners, What Did You Pay For Your Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ontario, Canada Owners, What Did You Pay For Your Hybrid?

Will do, sir!

Who knows, maybe I'll end up buy it from Rick Holton at Brimel Toyota...

Of course, he'll have to make it worth our while to drive down the 401... cuz I ain't drivin back without a hybrid!

Old 03-26-2007, 05:10 AM
Electricity Guzzler

In Ottawa, go to Orleans Toyota. no brainer.

I bought my car in April last yr. - picked it up in June.

I got 900 off. Tony Graham wouldn't budge on the price. I was able to get Mendes Toyota on Bank St. to offer 500. None of them trying forcing any etching or junk like that. btw. I prefer Orleans Toyota for service.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:47 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr_Squeaks
I'll post my results in this thread once the missus and I take the plunge - we know the MSRP, and we know the wholesale price, so we're hoping to find a happy ground in between where the price and the financing don't kill us... but if nobody can meet our expectations, we'll have to rethink...

Edit - In case it helps, the current Wholesale price on the TCH is $29,208.00 (Cdn) - that's a hefty dealer markup, to $31,900... I think you got a really good start by getting him to cover the freight ($1,241) - but I'm hoping we can squeeze it a little further...

Mike Can you tell me how you established that Wholesale price is $29,208.00 Cdn for a base TCH. I came up with a different number.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ookpik
Mike Can you tell me how you established that Wholesale price is $29,208.00 Cdn for a base TCH. I came up with a different number.
I used CarCostCanada.com - I can't guarantee that it's correct, so it could be that other sources are more reliable...

Old 03-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr_Squeaks
I used CarCostCanada.com - I can't guarantee that it's correct, so it could be that other sources are more reliable...

Mike I use a “Cost Factor” to determine what I call dealer net or as you called it wholesale price, which I have always used in the past with success. The only problem is that the Cost Factor I have is for the regular Camry and I would think the TCH would be a different mark up for the dealer due to volume of units produced etc. As I believe you pay “CarCostCanada.com” for the information it should be correct or so you would hope

Old 03-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ookpik
Mike I use a “Cost Factor” to determine what I call dealer net or as you called it wholesale price, which I have always used in the past with success. The only problem is that the Cost Factor I have is for the regular Camry and I would think the TCH would be a different mark up for the dealer due to volume of units produced etc. As I believe you pay “CarCostCanada.com” for the information it should be correct or so you would hope
I would hope, but even THEY have to get their info from somewhere - always subject to change or correction...

In any case, it gives us the ballpark figure. If you go into negotiations with the convication that they're only paying, say, $29,200, then it's up to them to convince you otherwise.

Edit - just a quick note - I might sound like I'm a decent negotiator, but I'm a bit of a cream-puff when it comes to trying to make a deal. My wife is the one who eats nails and spits out Camry's...

Old 03-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Enthusiast

Ok, my number won't necessarily be relevant to you, CamryDan. I bought a used 2007 TCH. Picking it up on Friday...

It was used as a day-rental, and has 31k on it. My final price, after all taxes and charges was $32,808.21. Got it from Tony Graham in Ottawa.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi
sounds good
im really thinking of getting a new one, $31900 plus taxes, i will get a good price in a mini cooper s trade in NOW that ive talked to them a bit
i think i ll go in on friday and order mine
thanks
dan
im still open to offers for my 2003 cooper s though

Old 03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Enthusiast

We basically had to go used in order to keep the car in our price range - but we just couldn't fall for any other car. Test drove 3 TCHs and 1 TCLE, and that was it for us.

Can't wait for Friday!!! Let us know when you get yours, CamryDan!!

Old 03-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi
you didnt say what colour, finally test drove a tch on tues, really impressed!

dan
mine would be blue ribbon

Quick Reply: Ontario, Canada Owners, What Did You Pay For Your Hybrid?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands