Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Options

Hello everyone,

First off, Thanks to all of you posters for spreading all of the good information. I'm on page 12 with 30+ pages to go. Lots of learning on this forum.

My TCH is on order from two dealers. I've told each of them that I have a deposit with another dealer in order to instill a little competitive hustle. My local dealer is on a six month or more back order. The two I ordered from tell me two months, we will see.

Now for my questions.

What dealer installed options have any of you opted for. (spoiler etc...)

I saw the poster whose license plate read LECTRC. Any other personal tag ideas out there?

Old 10-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Options

Originally Posted by starlifter737

I saw the poster whose license plate read LECTRC. Any other personal tag ideas out there?
No dealer installed (PIO) extras here. My license plate means more to Hybrid owners than non-owners. See attached.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
P7080337.zip (706.5 KB, 55 views)
Old 10-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by starlifter737
Hello everyone,

First off, Thanks to all of you posters for spreading all of the good information. I'm on page 12 with 30+ pages to go. Lots of learning on this forum.

My TCH is on order from two dealers. I've told each of them that I have a deposit with another dealer in order to instill a little competitive hustle. My local dealer is on a six month or more back order. The two I ordered from tell me two months, we will see.

Now for my questions.

I think you are talking about my plate which says, LECTRICK

Old 10-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

starlifter737

I originally wanted the rear-deck spoiler, body side moldings, moon-roof wind deflector and mudguards but no kitchen sink. My dealership told me that my car had been allocated to them and a week later told me that it was there waiting for me but without the PIO’s since “it was past the PIO stage and they had to grab it since it was hard to get the fully loaded ones”. I am not sure if this was a story that they were feeding me, the truth, or something in between. You can often get dealerships to install these options but it will cost you more. Maybe that is what they were hoping for?

After I got my car home, I was glad that it did not come with all the PIO’s. This is because I could really stand back, look at the car and decide what was needed and what my choices were. So far I have installed the spoiler, body side moldings and aluminum door sill enhancements by myself. I don't think that I will be getting the mudguards or moon-roof wind deflector.

I saved some bucks this way and had fun with these little projects. If you do the spoiler by yourself however, you need to buy the installation template kit in addition to the spoiler (don’t even think about installing the spoiler without the template kit for DIY)! The other options were about a 1 or 2 out of 5 (hardest) for difficulty. The spoiler was about a 3, mostly for some nail-biting moments such as making pilot dimples for drill bits and drilling six holes in my nice shiny new trunk lid.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlueCam

So far I have installed the spoiler, body side moldings and aluminum door sill enhancements by myself. I don't think that I will be getting the mudguards or moon-roof wind deflector.

Concerning the aluminum door sill, is it just "taped" down against the original door sill (as I believe I heard), or does it replace the original and is screwed down to the body? If it's securely fastened, I may get some of these.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I don't have any dealer installed options. I've never been into the bolt-on extras, but that's just me.

I was supposed to have 07HYBR as my personalized plate, but DMV sent me D7HYBR. The correct plates should be here soon.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:56 AM
Arrow Re: Options

No bolt-on or strap-on devices for me, either!

Personal plate: VTORO (Endless self-promotion, hehe)

Old 10-05-2006, 05:39 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JHSmith

Concerning the aluminum door sill, is it just "taped" down against the original door sill (as I believe I heard), or does it replace the original and is screwed down to the body? If it's securely fastened, I may get some of these.

There are two strips of heavy duty adhesive tape underneath each of the four door sill enhancements. The sills are placed over the original and pressed securely into place. They do add a nice finishing touch to the door area.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:31 PM

You guys will never beat my personal license plate for my TCH. My last name is Rhee, so everyone should be able to guess what my personalized tag says...

CAMRHEE

Old 10-06-2006, 07:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

The door-sill enhancements are taped down. However, I consider them to be a permanent and very adequate installation. I don’t know if I am ready for any strap-on devices.

Quick Reply: Options

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands