Park Assist Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons
Default Park Assist Sensors

So where do I find out more information about these (Picture uploaded by Droid13)

My 2007 TCH (loaded) is to be delivered next month - is this an option or part of a package or???

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2006, 12:07 PM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Park Assist Sensors

There was some discussion threads back from late June or early July that discussed these quite a bit. To summarize, there are different systems being offered by dealers depending on location. Basically they all work the same way, beeping more frequently until steady tone as you get closer to an object. It's not foolproof, low objects, poles or slanted surfaces may not reflect the sound waves back to trigger it. My system had the nice option of having the tone integrated with the car audio, others reported having a separate beeper installed somewhere near the rear window or deck. You have the option of using color coded or black sensors depending on device model and color of car. After 3+ months having this system, I remain satisfied. I haven't backed into anything yet!

Old 09-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Thanks - I'll see if I can find that thread!

I was sort of hoping that there was a factory installed version. It seems that almost all salesmen (Toyota as well as others) really don't know their products very well. Mine told me - yep, I'm pretty sure it's part of the Navigation package!

Old 09-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had mine, called "echomaster", installed by the dealer; they cost $395 for two black ones. The color-keyed were $495 for two. I highly recommend going with the color-keyed ones because they will blend in much better; I wish I had got the color-keyed ones. It is a good product; I am not the best at judging distances so these work out really well for me.

Old 10-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Not sure about US Toyota Camry hybrids but Toyota Canada offer "Park Pilot" as a dealer installed option. See:- toyota.ca and go to the Camry options list.

I have ordered this option but I'm still waiting for delivery of the vehicle. The Toyota list price is C$456.

If you don't like black sensors on your bumper, (and who would) why not paint them? I did this on a Pontiac Bonneville I owned and they still worked just fine.

Last edited by Paulgw; 10-01-2006 at 04:30 PM.