View Poll Results: To lock your car do you...
Use the key fob primarily
8.99%
Use the door handle button primarily
91.01%
Trust in your fellow man
0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

<Poll> Locking Up

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default <Poll> Locking Up

Just because I am curious.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Veracitorian Muser
Default Re: <Poll> Locking Up

I hit the inside lock button just after starting to open the door, all in one smooth motion. If others are in the car with me, I might hit that lock button after opening my door, waiting for the other doors to open first.

I trust my fellow man, so I don't also put on a steering wheel/brake brace lock, fasten a wheel boot around each tire, arm the remote sensors, ...

-- Alan

Old 11-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Along for the ride.....

I wish pushing the door button twice would kill the headlights, just like hitting the lock on the fob twice does.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Veracitorian Muser

Originally Posted by Mainer
I wish pushing the door button twice would kill the headlights, just like hitting the lock on the fob twice does.
I click the headlight switch forward and back to turn off the headlights, just before I open/lock the doors. I agree that a double lock from the door switch would be very nice.

-- Alan

Old 11-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Being female my fob is rarely out of my purse so I use the button on the outside to lock it up when I leave. I teach near a junior high and don't want to give the orney ones any excuse to mess with my car.

BTW, we have had some cold weather here and I have opened the door up with the handle and wearing gloves with no problem. I remember a discussion a while back about whether gloves would get in the way.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:09 AM
Olde Farte

Originally Posted by belbe
BTW, we have had some cold weather here and I have opened the door up with the handle and wearing gloves with no problem.
My wife and I were just talking about this yesterday as she had noticed a slight delay in the unlock function when wearing gloves. Perhaps it depends on the type and thickness of the glove material.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:59 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Originally Posted by TCH2007
My wife and I were just talking about this yesterday as she had noticed a slight delay in the unlock function when wearing gloves. Perhaps it depends on the type and thickness of the glove material.
It does mention this in the owner's manual.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

Have to say, not the results I expected. Please note, I was specifically referring to locking the car, not unlocking. I suspect most of use the smart key to get in. I asked because I find the position of the button awkard when I close the door.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

On the contrary, I find it the most convenient slick button to lock it and not have to pull out the smart key/fob out of my pocket (why bother) to lock it.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hmm. Now I am wondering if I am the only one who has his keyfob and lojack transmitter clipped to a belt loop

Originally Posted by agnosto
On the contrary, I find it the most convenient slick button to lock it and not have to pull out the smart key/fob out of my pocket (why bother) to lock it.

Quick Reply: <Poll> Locking Up

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands