View Poll Results: What have been your TCH's most significant defects or issues?
None. I have had a trouble-free ride!
42.68%
Squeaky console
40.24%
Door and/or window rattles
18.29%
Electrical malfunction
2.44%
Fabric or Upholstery Fit/Finish problems
7.32%
Climate control problems
3.66%
Paint/external finish problems
4.88%
Software/onboard computer glitches
2.44%
Tire Wear
1.22%
Windshield cracks/chips
6.10%
Other
6.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: TCH Defects - Please Respond

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Too Smug
Default POLL: TCH Defects - Please Respond

Fellow TCHers, please take a minute to identify the most serious defects (mechanical, structural or design flaws etc.) that you have experienced since taking delivery of your new Camry Hybrid. Please check all that apply. If your ride has been trouble-free, please indicate that as well. The possible responses listed here were taken from comments made by members of this forum since May. Thankfully we seem to have encountered none of the really vexing problems (drivetrain issues, etc.) that have plagued some of the early, conventional, '07 Camrys. There are 151 members of this forum, it would be great if we could get a majority response to this poll.

Last edited by Sallyspal; 09-02-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: TCH Defects - Please Respond

Two squeaks in the center console. One by the CLA, the other by the shift lever.
I occasionally get the driver's door rattle but I haven't had it in about a month.
I had a rattle by the moonroof for a couple of days when it was cool (low 50's) but it hasn't been that cool in about two months so I'm waiting to see if it comes back. When it was happening I could reproduce it by bumping my palm against the left side of the opening to the moonroof area.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Mine has the squeak in the center console, but only while my husband is driving. Seriously, the other night I turned off the stereo and the vents just so I could listen to the car on my way home from the grocery store and there was not one single squeak. Today hubby was driving and it was as if there was a mouse trapped in the console .

Old 09-02-2006, 05:50 PM
AKM
Somewhat hard driver

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
Mine has the squeak in the center console, but only while my husband is driving. Seriously, the other night I turned off the stereo and the vents just so I could listen to the car on my way home from the grocery store and there was not one single squeak. Today hubby was driving and it was as if there was a mouse trapped in the console .
Let me guess......He rests his right elbow or leans against the console?

I really like the car in general but the console reminds me of the crappy interiors found in 1980's US vehicles. Sad since the rest of the car is very nice.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

He rests his right elbow on the armrest/storage compartment AND he rests his right leg against the console . I do neither.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Enthusiast

Got the console squeak, but I think I fixed it. I can't figure out the door rattles, worse on the passenger side than the driver's side, but exact same rattle.

tom

Old 09-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Enthusiast

Thought I was experiencing a passenger door rattle, but it was the seat belt hitting against the plastic trim beside it.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Iwannasave$$$
Thought I was experiencing a passenger door rattle, but it was the seat belt hitting against the plastic trim beside it.
Yes, I have that rattle too. I always remember now to reposition the buckle after I have had a passenger in the front seat.

I complained about this and the other squeaks and rattles on the Toyota Product Quality Survey I received a few days ago.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by john312
Yes, I have that rattle too. I always remember now to reposition the buckle after I have had a passenger in the front seat.
I found that by moving the height adjustment thing-a-ma-bob to its lowest position eliminated the rattle. My wife is average height so lowering it had no impact other than to stop the noise.
J

Old 09-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Enthusiast

My CD changer died (4 days into owning the car) - I'm not sure what category you want that for, so I choose "Electrical" and "Software problems."

Quick Reply: POLL: TCH Defects - Please Respond

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands