Prius/Lexus Hybrid brake recall...what about TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 06:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Prius/Lexus Hybrid brake recall...what about TCH?

Hand brake vs parking brake...

You can remove the rachet locking mechanism from the foot operated parking brake.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Enthusiast

I have a 2010 PRIUS. RE: Brake Problem. My brakes lock out at times (At least 6 or more times in 2 months when I start car and go in reverse. Took it to dealer, was told no other complants on this type problem. They checked it out forund nothing wrong. Any one have input on this: Thanks

Old 02-06-2010, 08:40 AM

What does "lock out" mean? Is the car not stopping?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

From what I have heard about the Prius brake issue - it sounds a lot like the Regen cut-out problem I have on my 07 Camry Hybrid ::

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...braking-20162/

I still have the problem - it's not gotten any worse, not any better.. Toyota dealer has scanned the system and applied updates (BTW - my fuel economy dropped 2 MPG when they did this) - but it still continues...

I've got just over 30k on the car now and I still like it a lot - but this has got me a bit concerned now...

Old 02-07-2010, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
From what I have heard about the Prius brake issue - it sounds a lot like the Regen cut-out problem I have on my 07 Camry Hybrid ::

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...braking-20162/

I still have the problem - it's not gotten any worse, not any better.. Toyota dealer has scanned the system and applied updates (BTW - my fuel economy dropped 2 MPG when they did this) - but it still continues...

I've got just over 30k on the car now and I still like it a lot - but this has got me a bit concerned now...
"..dropped 2 MPG.."

Sounds as if the purpose of the "reflash" might have been to supply a pre-charge to the brake calipers in order to bring the brake pads into light contact with the rotors in preparation for the transition into actual frictional brake use. That would serve to both reduce the "lurching" effect and reduce the FE slightly.