Problem setting up bluetooth phone system

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default Problem setting up bluetooth phone system

I just bought a new TCH with nav and everything (I love it!) but I can't seem to get the bluetooth phone to work. I'm using a Motorola Razr phone. In the owner's manual it says to follow the voice commands to register the phone in the car, but when I push the off hook button on the steering wheel, there is no voice command and the nav screen just says "No mobile phone connected." I think something is wrong with the car because when I test drove a different hybrid camry, the salesman pushed that off hook button and heard a voice saying things like "welcome to the mobile phone system" or whatever. My car doesn't say anything. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I need to change?

Old 08-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Problem setting up bluetooth phone system

I don't remember the procedure but it's detailed in the owner's manual. I'd refer to that and wouldn't just push the off-hook button. However, I'm pretty sure why I press it in my car it responds with "available commands are..."

Old 08-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Enthusiast

I've read over the owner's manual section on it and it's not clear to me what to do. Mostly it says just follow voice commands or scroll through the options with the audio selector **** (which I can't even find - the ***** on the radio don't change anything on the display screen)

Old 08-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You need to press the 'speech command button' on the lower right side of the steering wheel. Then follow the voice prompts to pair up your phone.

You might find the Toyota iGuide website useful.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Enthusiast

Ahhh okay. Thanks. I'll try that

Old 08-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Does the Navigation System have a separate manual? Perhaps the instructions for pairing the phone are there.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Enthusiast

I have the same phone and found a few things you need to do to get it to work, go to tools,then connection,then bluetoothlink, hit select,then handsfree,scroll down to setup,select,power ON, then scroll up to find me, once that is done if it finds the device it will change from 0 to 1 device found, then it should work. It may take a few attemps to pair the phone with Blutooth but it will work fine then. SK

Old 08-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast

Okay, we figured it out. We had to tell the phone to turn the bluetooth setting on so that the car could pick up the signal. It works now, although the voice command part of the phone still won't turn on. I don't know if that's normal or not...

Old 08-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Veracitorian Muser

I found the last step was missing in the instructions. After going through pairing, the phone said all was well, but the car said waiting for phone. I did everything in my phone's manual and everything in the Toyota manual, and the car said there was still no phone.

What was needed was for me to place a call using the phone while the car said it was waiting for the phone to register. The car did pick up the call, and all has been well since then.

-- Alan

Old 08-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Enthusiast

we had similar issues, but it did work after playing around with the phone for awhile. now if I can just figure out how to make it talk when I push the off hook button...

Quick Reply: Problem setting up bluetooth phone system

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands