Recalled floor mats, how do the replacements look?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default Recalled floor mats, how do the replacements look?

The all season rubber mats with the camry logo have been recalled. Apparently in some cases it can peel up and rest on the accelerator. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has the new mats and if they look alright.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Recalled floor mats, how do the replacements look?

Actually, they were not recalled. I got a notice saying there was a "problem" and they would let me know when a resolution was available. Until that time, I was not to put the carpet mat on top of the rubber floor mat.

I only use the rubber floor mat and it is not a problem. The floor hook holds it just fine. I can see where placing the carpet mat on top would be a problem.

John

Old 11-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Why in the heck would someone put a carpet mat on top of the rubber ones in the first place? Maybe the issue occurs when people put the rubber mats on top of the carpet ones. (But I still think this is counterproductive to the whole point of buying these things). I bought the rubber ones so my carpet ones wouldn't get ridiculously dirty during the winter months.

I haven't had any issues with mine. I get the feeling people don't understand how to install a set of floormats, and Toyota is trying to make them idiot-proof (maybe they will just put a big label on them - "Don't install these over top of your existing mats").

Old 11-12-2007, 06:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spiff72
Why in the heck would someone put a carpet mat on top of the rubber ones in the first place? Maybe the issue occurs when people put the rubber mats on top of the carpet ones. (But I still think this is counterproductive to the whole point of buying these things). I bought the rubber ones so my carpet ones wouldn't get ridiculously dirty during the winter months.

I haven't had any issues with mine. I get the feeling people don't understand how to install a set of floormats, and Toyota is trying to make them idiot-proof (maybe they will just put a big label on them - "Don't install these over top of your existing mats").
I agree. Some people just don't listen. I have not had a single problem.

But the funny thing is, what ever did we do back in the day when there were no hooks for the floor mats?? I guess the problem is just caused because it is elevated due to the carpet mat.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Old Boomer Techie
Post Re: Recalled floor mats, how do the replacements look?

Originally Posted by zebrajeb
Actually, they were not recalled. I got a notice saying there was a "problem" and they would let me know when a resolution was available. Until that time, I was not to put the carpet mat on top of the rubber floor mat.

I only use the rubber floor mat and it is not a problem. The floor hook holds it just fine. I can see where placing the carpet mat on top would be a problem.

John
Likewise. I have had mine for two months now. They look nice and have not caused any sort of problem. The floor hook keeps them from moving forward, and the water channel design keeps my carpet dry. The notice only said to not install them over the carpet mats, and to make sure the floor hooks were used. They are not difficult to remove if you want to clean them better, either.