replacement seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Enthusiast
Default replacement seats

Hello.

I would like to replace my seats with a set of leather seats from another camry.

Can i swap a seat from a 2007 camry SE and put them in a 2011 camry?

The seats are about new, could not ask for better.

I can see they can go up to 2010, I just dont know if they have updated the numbers to include the 2011 models for the same pattern, etc.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: replacement seats

They should fit but you might need to replace the rails the seats attach to also. One other thing you will need to watch is the wiring harness. More than likely the leather seats will come with heaters and power controls that your car might not have. You will need to replace the harness and add the heater controls to the console if this is the case to get full functionality from your new seats. What ever you do, make sure the side impact air bags are connected correctly.

Disconnect the battery (the 12 volt located in the side of the trunk) for 5 minutes or so to allow the system to de-energize before you disconnect the wiring harness on the seat. If not, you might get a rude surprise.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: replacement seats

If the new seats came with the frame rails and they don't match your car, swapping the frame rails is easy. New seats, old frame rails, should be an easy combination.

If you buy the leather seats and run into a problem (wiring harness, etc.) take the seats to a good upholstery shop. They can either put the leather covers on the old seat frames and padding, or figure out a way to put the new seats on the existing frame rails.