Seat belt buzzer

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 04:05 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Seat belt buzzer

The shop manual mentions that the seatbelt chime can be disabled but they do not mention how...

I wish someone will find out.. on my subaru, all you had to do was buckle and unbuckle the driver's seatbelt 20 times with the ignition switch on acc.

I'm sure this is a simillar procedure for the TCH, we just need to know the sequence.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well I have a call into my Toyota Service Manager buddy...initial response was that it will disengage the airbags, but I told him that I didn't think that was true based on what I read in either a tech service manual or in the owner's manual or toyotaiguide.com regarding disabling the BUZZER portion only.

I'm going to do some searching, but if anyone can point me again to thelink in the tech manuals or the list of dealer changeable options so I can fax it to this guy, it might help us find resolution sooner.

** edit - I found the list of what can be changed on ToyotaIguide.com, but if anyone can point me to a link in a tech manual that would be helpful.

Mille Gratzie!

Last edited by Eskimonio; 09-08-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Enthusiast

please keep us posted, eskimonio.

(I think I figured out how to post my TCH's mileage!)

Old 09-08-2006, 11:56 AM
WVGasGuy

(I think I figured out how to post my TCH's mileage!)

You do have it posted, but it is not a "link" to the database. There is a recent posting as to how to make it a link that will allow you to click and go to the database if you so desire.