Sliding armrest and cargo liner

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Sliding armrest and cargo liner

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the non-sliding (stock) and the sliding armrest? Is the only difference the sliding feature or is there a small extra compartment under the cover (thus making the console 2 tiered)? What are the benefits of replacing?

For those of you who ordered and replaced the stock armrest -
1. My interior is ASH LEATHER - Does it come in ASH and is the cover leather or plastic?
2. Does it fit perfectly with the bottom portion of the console?
3. What is the part number?

Is a cargo liner available for the Hybrid? Will there be one in the future?

Old 10-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sliding armrest and cargo liner

Originally Posted by leepark
Can someone tell me what the difference is between the non-sliding (stock) and the sliding armrest? Is the only difference the sliding feature or is there a small extra compartment under the cover (thus making the console 2 tiered)? What are the benefits of replacing?

For those of you who ordered and replaced the stock armrest -
1. My interior is ASH LEATHER - Does it come in ASH and is the cover leather or plastic?
2. Does it fit perfectly with the bottom portion of the console?
3. What is the part number?

Is a cargo liner available for the Hybrid? Will there be one in the future?
The sliding armrest does not have an extra compartment, it simply slides forward so it is more comfortable for most people. I like to rest my arm on the armrest and my palm on the shifter, and with the stock armrest I can barely keep my elbow on the armrest. 3" forward movement would make a huge difference. But I'm not willing to pay $200 for the armrest right now. Go check out a Camry XLE, that trim has the sliding armrest as standard equipment. Sooner or later, people will start wrecking their CamryXLE's, and once spare parts start to hit EBay, I'll buy one.

Last edited by flopshot; 10-04-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Enthusiast

I had the XLE for a while and the sliding rest is better for me since I had it forward. However the "detent" which is supposed to keep it there is weak so it easily slides back and forth which is annoying. The Avalon has a locking mechanism so it stays where you want it to. I think the foam cushioning in the TCH armrest is too thin and mine is now compressed where my elbow hits it, resulting in discomfort. I now have a small pillow there to rest my elbow on for my hour long commutes.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

flopshot

But I'm not willing to pay $200 for the armrest right now.
$200 for an armwrest?

Old 10-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Enthusiast

I think it is $200 for the armrest and the entire base it attaches to which has the sliding mechanism.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by faldoc
I think it is $200 for the armrest and the entire base it attaches to which has the sliding mechanism.
I believe you are correct, but it's one single factory part, so you have to buy the whole thing for $200. Sort of like when you have a crack in the cover of your headlight, so you have to buy the entire headlight for $500 (or whatever the price is). The Camry sliding armrest is NOT a factory accessory for the Hybrid, you are buying a replacement part for an XLE (which just happens to fit a Hybrid center console), so it's going to be expensive.

If you go to the TCH photo section and serach for "armrest", you will see that John312 has posted 4 pictures of the sliding armrest installed in his TCH.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-TO...0669QQtcZphoto

Last edited by flopshot; 10-04-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

I bought and installed the sliding armrest from a dealer on ebay. Cost was $159. I have the bisque leather and the new one matches exactly. Same Bisque leather. Inatallation took all of 5 minutes once you get enought courage to pull/yank the rear A/C plate off - held down by the same clips as the center console for those of you that fixed the squeak. Four screws and thats it. Couldn't been easier. I like having rhe extra elbow room and covering up the storage hole is great.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:29 PM

Can you please post the ebay sellers name so I can contact him or search for his sales? The cheapest I saw this item on Ebay was $189. Thanks.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Is the sliding armrest covered in leather just as the stock armrest (w. leather interior) in the TCH? Is the sliding mechanism strong and sturdy. Will it loosen and sag (towards the front) after prolonged use?

Old 10-16-2006, 05:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

The armrest is an OEM part - appears to be very sturdy - I would not expect it to sag and it's identical to the the leather in the rest of the car.

The dealers eBay id is pricetoyota_scion I'm sure u can search for his store - He is a Toyota dealer. He also gave me permission to post his store id. He didn't show the armrest on the site but responded quickly to emails. I believe he can obtain any offical Toyota part u need.

Last edited by KC Rusty; 10-17-2006 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Sliding armrest and cargo liner

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands