Smart Key

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Smart Key

Originally Posted by jamng
I'm away on business so I can't check the manual so I apologize if its in there. Are the instructions to reprogram in the manual or did you find it somewhere else?
Yep, the instructions are in the manual.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:50 AM
HSD Organic Interface

That particular function is easily programmed by pressing the lock button on the remote together with any one of the other 3 buttons and hold for about 5 seconds. Car will beep twice in one mode. Then if you do it again will beep 3 times for the other mode and keep switching back and forth whenever you do it. Can't remember which mode is which # of beeps. I think "2" was for all doors and "3" was for drivers door only.

Last edited by Droid13; 06-19-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Droid13
That particular function is easily programmed by pressing the lock button on the remote together with any one of the other 3 buttons and hold for about 5 seconds. Car will beep twice in one mode. Then if you do it again will beep 3 times for the other mode and keep switching back and forth whenever you do it. Can't remember which mode is which # of beeps. I think "2" was for all doors and "3" was for drivers door only.
I don't think "all doors" is an option. Either driver's door or both front doors. I reprogrammed mine so that the front doors both open, but I still have to open the rear doors from inside of the car. I'd assume I could use the remote to open all doors. But that's so yesterday.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:32 AM
HSD Organic Interface

There is an all door option. I purposely set it that way to let the kids into the back seat. It's set so I just touch the drivers door handle and all 4 doors unlock. I think the passenger door handle is always in this mode.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:39 AM

There is an all door option. I purposely set it that way to let the kids into the back seat. It's set so I just touch the drivers door handle and all 4 doors unlock. I think the passenger door handle is always in this mode.
Thanks Droid,

It's mid-afternoon and I need a little break. Good time to go out to the car and peruse through the owner's manual.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:23 AM

Just checked it out and sure enough all four doors unlock on my car. However, when my daughter went to get in the back several times this weekend the door was locked. I can only think of one thing. At home the car is in the garage so I don't lock it. Perhaps when I put the car in park it only opens the front doors. Then when I go to get in the next time we can get in the front, but the back doors are still locked.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Arrow Re: Smart Key

I wish the Smart Key would lock the doors when I/we get out of the car. If it can unlock them so smartly, why not lock them, too?