So used to that hybrid quiet...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default So used to that hybrid quiet...

My husband's Yaris was parked behind my TCH in the driveway, so when I had to make a quick run to the grocery store in the rain the other night I thought it would be easier to just take the Yaris. Well, I have discovered that I am totally spoiled by my TCH having the climate, audio and phone controls on the steering wheel.

And, I also discovered that I have grown so accustomed to my TCH's quietness that the Yaris, and several other ICE-only vehicles I have ridden in lately (including a Lexus SC) sound quite loud to me.

Old 12-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: So used to that hybrid quiet...

I just traded in my 2005 Prius to get my TCH. I can't believe how quiet the Camry is compared to the Prius.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:44 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: So used to that hybrid quiet...

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
...And, I also discovered that I have grown so accustomed to my TCH's quietness that the Yaris, and several other ICE-only vehicles I have ridden in lately (including a Lexus SC) sound quite loud to me.
I wish I had a nickle for every time a new passenger has commented "Gee this car is really quiet".