Specific Owner's Manual for Camry Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Specific Owner's Manual for Camry Hybrid?

I took delivery today on a Camry Hybrid and noticed the owner's manual is generic to all the Camrys and makes no mention of special features, specifically the Energy monitor screen or how the Hybrid behaves, the extra batteries, Synergy drive etc.

I also received a Navigation manual, but it did not explain the Energy Monitor either, it only refered to a section in the owner's manual that did not list the Energy Monitor.

Is there another manual for the TCH (other than the maintanence one which I did get), a separate addendum just for the Hybrid that covers the Energy Monitor , or did you only receive the same single general manual I got with the car that exludes any mention of the Hybrid?

Thanks

Old 09-09-2006, 04:51 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: Specific Owner's Manual for Camry Hybrid?

My TCH came with a HYBRID owners manual (Manual AU-1 on back cover; Publication No. OM33678u) and the word Hybrid in right bottom corner of back cover between Japanese Characters. If yours says something else, they gave you the wrong manual.

If your owners manual isn't the same as the above, tell your dealer that you need the HYBRID owners manual.

And the Nav manual has 1 paragraph on Pg 99 telling the reader to go to section 1-10(Pg 245) of the Hybrid owners manual to see how to work the hybrid displays on the Nav screen.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Enthusiast

TK, Thanks for the quick reply

Old 09-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Enthusiast

Gary,

They pulled the same thing on us. Just ask the dealer to mail it. If they give you a hard time call Toyota Customer Care and they'll send you one out gratis.

Donald

Old 10-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Originally Posted by TKCamry
My TCH came with a HYBRID owners manual (Manual AU-1 on back cover; Publication No. OM33678u) and the word Hybrid in right bottom corner of back cover between Japanese Characters. If yours says something else, they gave you the wrong manual.

If your owners manual isn't the same as the above, tell your dealer that you need the HYBRID owners manual.

And the Nav manual has 1 paragraph on Pg 99 telling the reader to go to section 1-10(Pg 245) of the Hybrid owners manual to see how to work the hybrid displays on the Nav screen.
Worth a BUMP to the top as I found it in a search to learn about the Energy Monitor.. Also while reading this thread - I checked the back of my Hybrid manual and find that it is Publication No. OM33740U and it has in bold letters in the upper right-hand corner of the back cover (outside) AU-2

My TCH was built 9/06 and delivered last week.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:52 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

According to Toyota's Technical Service Bulletin TSB2521 (Revised), and other information that I have gleaned, the different Camry Hybrid Owner's Manuals are as follows:

OM33678U (AU-1; published 2006-03; for Japanese production to 2006-07)

OM33740U (AU-2; published 2006-08; for Japanese production to 2006-09)

OM33727U (AU-?; published 2006-10; for US production from 2006-10)

I don't know the details of the precise differences between them.

Stan

Old 11-06-2006, 11:24 AM

I too had received the wrong manual, and I'd picked up my car on May 23rd. After a few months of laziness, I finally contacted the dealer about it a few weeks ago, and they sent me the correct manual. No "hardship" to deal with; it was a simple mistake.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Enthusiast

Interesting...I too have the AU-2 (No. OM337740U) manual. However on the back cover, it does have the word "Hybrid". So, I'm assuming this is the correct manual for my TCH. I drove my TCH off the lot the last week in November 2006.