squeaky noise from dashboard area while driving?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 03:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default squeaky noise from dashboard area while driving?

I am hearing little squeaky noise coming possibly from the dashboard of my 07 TCH. I hear it sometimes when driving and not loud.

so I went to the toyota service department , which is just few blocks from where i live. I got one of the technician test drive it to find the noise.

then one of the service department guy says they can check it to find out what the problem really is. I thought since I have the platinum warranty, the check up and repair would be covered by my warranty.

couple of hrs later, the service department guy calls and says, the found some problem in my dash lining or something loose or something like that and my warranty would not cover the diagnose or the repair.

i checked with toyota warranty department and told me it doesn't cover that repair.

so I ended up having to pay over $100 for labor charge for nothing.

i argued with the service dept guy that they did not tell me it wouldn't be covered by my warranty and I shouldn't be liable for this diagnose cost.

they also put over $10 of extra charge in it , i disputed about that charge and got it removed.

but had to pay over $100 for nothing, no repair and now the noise is constant. i hear it whenever i drive my car.

am certain that they intentionally messed up something there so they will have me come up there and pay about $1000 for the noise repair.

i checked reviews of this toyota dealer and its one of the worst dealer. lots of stories of rip offs and was given about 2 stars . i actually bought my car there in 2006.

these service department people will lie about anything to get ur money.

what can i do about this? I don't think complaining against those guys about now more constant noise after taking my car to the dealer won't help.

this dealer is in Chicago northside. www.chicagotoyota.com

have u expereinced similar problem of squeaky noise from DASH?

what the problem could be and how do i get it repaired without being ripped off?

Old 04-13-2010, 07:41 PM
lzc
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: squeaky noise from dashboard area while driving?

Early '07 Camrys had problems with squeaks in the dash. A TSB was issued and the problem was fixed under warranty for anyone who complained.

I'd bet that the details are posted somewhere on these boards, but your dealer, or another, should acknowledge the TSB.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

can someone shed a light on this?

my dealer did not tell me that warranty covers this, nor did the toyota warranty department tell me this would be covered. they told me my platinum warranty or any warranty doesn't cover this!

Old 04-14-2010, 01:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

can someone please post or pm me the open TSB letter statement from toyota on the dash rattle noise?

I had my TCH taken to dealer for this, got charged over $100 just for diagnose. in the charge sheet, it says "OPEN TSB FOUND FOR REPAIR- REPAIR NOT COVER BY WARRANTY"

I want a proof of the open TSB so i can get this dash noise fixed and get the $105 the dealer stole from me .

Please help!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-14-2010, 03:35 AM
lzc
Active Enthusiast

As I said, the information was somewhere on one of these threads. Here's a thread that mentions 2 TSBs that may apply:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ve-them-10413/

It may be that your car is now out of warranty, so the TSB no longer applies. I don't know about that, but the statement on your invoice that "OPEN TSB FOUND FOR REPAIR- REPAIR NOT COVER BY WARRANTY" suggests it.

I will offer the opinion, though, that if one approaches a dealer with the attitude that they "stole" money by charging a fee to diagnose a problem, especially on a car beyond the 3yr/36k warranty that covers such things, he'll generally get as little help as possible. Your choice.

Last edited by lzc; 04-14-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

my 07 TCH is bought in august 2006 but had 17k miles on it. I do have the platinum extra care warranty until 100K miles or 2013.

so if 36 months have passed since i bought the vehicle. this repair won't be covered under my warranty?

Old 04-14-2010, 06:45 AM
lzc
Active Enthusiast

Normally extended warranties cover expensive items like the engine, A/C, and drive train, not items like squeaks and rattles. But I haven't read your warranty. Read it carefully.

The standard Toyota warranty that covers most things expires after 36 months or 36k miles, whichever comes first.

I would politely ask the dealer about the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) that covered dash rattles. Some TSBs are mileage/time limited, others aren't. At least get them to specifically tell you if the TSB no longer covers your car. Good luck.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Not familiar with the issue, buy you can try researching here

Old 04-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

If you still need info concerning the related TSB's (most are limited to 3 yr/36 Kmi), drop me a pm.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lzc
Normally extended warranties cover expensive items like the engine, A/C, and drive train, not items like squeaks and rattles. But I haven't read your warranty. Read it carefully.

The standard Toyota warranty that covers most things expires after 36 months or 3Ok miles, whichever comes first.

I would politely ask the dealer about the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) that covered dash rattles. Some TSBs are mileage/time limited, others aren't. At least get them to specifically tell you if the TSB no longer covers your car. Good luck.
so i had the dash rattle noise, went to dealer and says its not covered by my warranty and i had to pay over $100 just for diagnose and i refused repair cos they want me to pay $800 for the dash noise repair.

they have said in their diagnose fee charge sheet that " OPEN TSB FOUND, REPAIR NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY"

i read the TSB and it says its covered by the factory warranty if it is in 3Ok miles or 36 months.

my car is bought on august of 2006 that means its over 36 months and no longer under the factory warranty. i tried checking with my extra care warranty department , and that toyoya warranty department says this dash rattle TSB is not covered by my platinum warranty and its covered only by factory warranty for 36 months or 30K miles and the says u r not eligible to get this repair done free cos its over 36 months since i bought the car. they told me even though u only have 17K miles on ur car, it's been over 36 months since i bought it so factory warranty coverage is out.

so i am helpless in this now!

i wish the dash noise problem occured before 36 months.

Last edited by jimmy1; 04-14-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Quick Reply: squeaky noise from dashboard area while driving?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands