SSC 90L Recall work on 09 Camry Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:35 AM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: SSC 90L Recall work on 09 Camry Hybrid

Not sure how the US version of the recall is worded, but the Canadian version specifically states that the initial work will involve modification of the pedal and floor area only. It says that the BTO changes to the computer will be done at a later time and will involve a second notice later this year when the updated program is available.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

this is a spammer
it copied another post https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...in-help-24021/ and added a spam link to the signature, already reported to admin

Old 03-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Recently I measured the clearance between the bottom of the accelerator pedal and the floor on my friend's stock 09 TCH at approx. 2 inches.

On my 09 TCH, as modified by the recall, the similarly measured clearance was approx. 3 inches.

Last edited by Smilin' Jack; 03-09-2010 at 06:32 PM. Reason: punctuation, spelling
Old 03-11-2010, 12:25 PM
2009TCH w/NAV bought 4/08

Originally Posted by Smilin' Jack

When I picked up the car, they explained that the 90L recall includes only the carpet and pedal modifications for the Camry (and other) Hybrids but that the same recall (90L) includes those plus the BTO flash for other models.
Not per my statement. Just had the recall work done and it states:
90L Accelerator pedal modification - brake override software installation

Dropped it off at 8:30AM. They called about 10:30 to say it was ready

Old 03-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jpezz
Not per my statement. Just had the recall work done and it states:
90L Accelerator pedal modification - brake override software installation

Dropped it off at 8:30AM. They called about 10:30 to say it was ready
Absolutely amazing !!!

Also note the last post above by Schmidtj. In the end, his experience was like mine - no BTO work.

Do out dealers live on different planets ?

If the dealers can't get their stories straight, how in the world can the rest of us figure out what the real deal is ?

I would be delighted to discover that your experience is the correct one and that there is some way that I could convince my dealer to get it right, because, as I have discovered the hard way, The BTO functionality in my car is inadequate for some UA occurances.

Last edited by Smilin' Jack; 03-11-2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smilin' Jack
...I would be delighted to discover that your experience is the correct one and that there is some way that I could convinced my dealer to get it right,..
You can always consider the nuclear option. Call Toyota and ask for the Chairman (or President, if you prefer) of Toyota USA. It can't hurt if you tell the operator that you are irate (the magic word!)
Being a consumer products company with shareholders and a reputation to uphold, the operator will transfer you to an ultra high level customer support area. These people are very bright and hard working and their only responsibility is to do what ever it takes to satisfy your inquiry. They will get you the answer you seek.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Here is the excerpt from the official recall notice I received today.
Read the last highlighted sentence.
My car was serviced a week ago and included NO software update.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
recall.jpg (88.4 KB, 73 views)
Old 04-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Enthusiast

i have a 09 camry hybrid and have loved it. i haven't had any problems with it but after a few letters and phone calls i took it in to have them perform the recall work. when the were finished i noticed the gas pedal is way too short and seems more dangerous now. I have always just used the ball of my foot on the lower part of the accelerator pedal. My foot has slipped off the pedal a few times since the recall work.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Enthusiast

Just had the 90L recall done on my '07 TCH.

The blurb on the paper work reads, "Perform S.S.C. 90L, Accelerator pedal and floor pad modification with E.C.M Reflash* (* Non Hybrid Vehicles Only for the Reflash)".

Old 04-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

I may be in the minority, but I declined to have this done to my 07 when I took it in for a water pump replacement yesterday. For one, I ONLY use the regular floor mats (which are held back by the two hooks in front of the seat), and secondly I have no desire to have my gas pedal hacked up and my floorboard beat down (or padding removed or whatever they do) just to create another inch or two of clearance. I've had no problems with this car in UA department and I don't see myself ever stacking plastic mats on top of the carpeted ones (I did on my old Tacoma and they always bunched up near the front, so that's a habit I broke with this car). I'm coming up on 4 years of ownership of this car and in the 58K miles I've put on it it has been just fine.

Quick Reply: SSC 90L Recall work on 09 Camry Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands