Suggested Dealer Customizations for Settings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Suggested Dealer Customizations for Settings?

I was not aware of that. So if its not available why is it in the list of features for the TCH? Sorry if this has been discussed before. It seems like it would work. The computer knows the state of the roof, it tells you if the roof is open or not.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cngrevolution
I was not aware of that. So if its not available why is it in the list of features for the TCH? Sorry if this has been discussed before. It seems like it would work. The computer knows the state of the roof, it tells you if the roof is open or not.
I have two ideas as to why it is in the list....

1. Documentation error. (Being a technical writer, this happens.)

2. Toyota intended to utilize such function at a later date via some kind of software upgrade.

But, it is correct, the functions have been determined to not work.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by chestr
Do you know for sure it wouldn't, if you set it to "manual"? I haven't tried it but I suppose I could give it a shot (if I remember). In theory manual intake mode should be manual for either position, right?
If I were to use manual, then yes, the recirc would stay on or off depending how I set it. The problem is using auto. I prefer to use auto so I don't have to mess with the controls as much. But auto has the side effect of changing the recirc mode. I have not been to the dealer recently to attempt to have the settings changed and when I read about those settings in the repair manual, I am unsure of exactly what they will do (my dealer is useless with respect to that).

Old 06-05-2008, 11:14 AM
SPL

In my experience, in AUTO+ECO mode, when the A/C is cooling the car, it starts with RECIRC "on," and RECIRC automatically goes "off" after the car has cooled down. I find this sensible and convenient. When heating in AUTO+ECO mode in winter, I have not noticed the RECIRC come "on" at all. This is likely for safety reasons related to possible accumulation of exhaust fumes in the car.

Stan

Old 06-06-2008, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by SPL
In my experience, in AUTO+ECO mode, when the A/C is cooling the car, it starts with RECIRC "on," and RECIRC automatically goes "off" after the car has cooled down. I find this sensible and convenient. When heating in AUTO+ECO mode in winter, I have not noticed the RECIRC come "on" at all. This is likely for safety reasons related to possible accumulation of exhaust fumes in the car.

Stan
Yeah, I do agree the settings are reasonable....there are just smelly cars around me so I get nasty smells with recirc off.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast

Is there a setting to always have ECO mode on? That would be sweet.
I'm seriously considering the 'auto lock once you're a couple feet away' option as I use the button on the door handle every time I get out of the car, and I'm worried it will start to wear. I kind of like the recirc on option as I never used it with my old car, I would always forget to. But we'll see as the summer heat gets hotter . . . I usually roll down the windows and wait a minute to turn on the air anyway. (and turn it off before I get to my destination)

Old 06-09-2008, 04:38 PM

I had the dealer customize my A/C controls so I have full manual control of the recirc/fresh button. It is totaly in my control now, and I like it that way. It NEVER comes on by itself, and it always stays on if I select it. Was using it today as it is over 100 degrees in Tucson. I find that with ECO on, on these very hot days, recirc helps, after the car is cooled down with fresh and a window cracked in the rear a few minutes to blow out some of that extra heated air. No need to try to cool that super-heated air with recirc first! The rest of the Auto climate control is automatic. Nice!

Old 06-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SPL

Stan
Stan--

I agree, recirc makes plenty of sense when you've got the AC running, as it gives the car a chance to finish cooling the air inside without bringing in more hot air. My big problem is the fact the recirc-on condition when it's hot doesn't seem to care about whether the AC is on, or even if the _fan_ is on. It just comes on when I'm just using fresh air flow to cool down. Which kind of works against fresh air flow.