Tax Credit Not Available Till Feb 3rd

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tax Credit Not Available Till Feb 3rd

I have used TaxCut online for 3 years, but was bummed to see that there was no mention of the Hybrid Credit during the 'interview.' I emailed their tech support and was told that they will not be supporting Form 8910 this year.

With such a cut-throat battle for market share between TaxCut and TurboTax, I am not sure why they would offer any reason for someone to pick their competitor over themselves.

I guess I will be going out and buying TurboTax later this week!

Old 02-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by obzhagen
I have used TaxCut online for 3 years, but was bummed to see that there was no mention of the Hybrid Credit during the 'interview.' I emailed their tech support and was told that they will not be supporting Form 8910 this year.

With such a cut-throat battle for market share between TaxCut and TurboTax, I am not sure why they would offer any reason for someone to pick their competitor over themselves.

I could have sworn that I saw that someone has used Taxcut to get the Credit.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by obzhagen

You're kidding me.

They aren't supporting a form???

I saw mention of the alternative vehicle credit in the interview under the credits section (I think it is shown in a More Info or "overview" section under "additional" or "miscellaneous" credits), but there appears to be no specific mention when it comes time to enter actual data.

This really does suck. I am tired of having to change tax software (actually tax websites) every year.

EDIT: I just looked again for that reference, but it appears to have been removed. @#$&*@%$*@

Last edited by spiff72; 02-06-2007 at 06:22 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by FL07THC
I could have sworn that I saw that someone has used Taxcut to get the Credit.
It was lars-ss. So you might have to take it with a grain of salt.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:33 AM

I got the same reply when I asked about form 8910...

> Thank you for contacting H&R Block TaxCut Online Technical Support.
>
> Thank you for contacting TaxCut Online Support
>
> Unfortunately sir this form is not supported by our software. you can get
> in contact with the IRS at www.irs.gov or 1-800-829-1040 to obtain the
> form.
>
> Thank you for contacting TaxCut Online Support, JEFFREY, and we look
> forward to serving you in the future!

My Reply:
So does this mean that I can't use your online product to file
electronically?

If so, I will be forced to use TurboTax this year.

Their Reply:
Because the form isn't supported online, you will have to print and mail in your return. Any forms needed that's not supported by our program online, can be found at irs.gov.

If you have further questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail. H&R Block values you as a TaxCut customer and we look forward to serving as your tax and financial partner in the future.

Looks like I am switching to Turbotax now too...

What a crock.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:36 AM

For those of you who used Turbotax, were you able to file electronically when claiming the hybrid credit? In other words, did you have to mail anything to the IRS (proof of purchase, etc)?

Old 02-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by spiff72
For those of you who used Turbotax, were you able to file electronically when claiming the hybrid credit? In other words, did you have to mail anything to the IRS (proof of purchase, etc)?
It looks like it's better to "talk to the box". TurboTax (boxed) has Form 8910 included. For some strange reason I was able to eFile early on. From what I heard 8910 won't be officially finalized in TT until 2/17/07 but it WILL be supported.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by schmidtj
It looks like it's better to "talk to the box". TurboTax (boxed) has Form 8910 included. For some strange reason I was able to eFile early on. From what I heard 8910 won't be officially finalized in TT until 2/17/07 but it WILL be supported.
I wonder if the online product includes 8910.

Did the software tell you you needed to mail anything in (proof of purchase, etc) to the IRS when you efiled?

Old 02-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I wonder if the online product includes 8910.

Did the software tell you you needed to mail anything in (proof of purchase, etc) to the IRS when you efiled?
No, no proof of anything required.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:25 AM

TurboTax is fully supporting the 8910 form. It accepted all my information on the TCH with no problem. However, the TurboTax form is still being certified by the IRS, so you cannot e-file until Feb 16. My return is all done, I'm just waiting for the e-file date. But because I haven't been able to e-file yet, I have not been told by the software if I still have to snail-mail any paperwork to support my tax credit.

Quick Reply: Tax Credit Not Available Till Feb 3rd

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands