TCH down!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Enthusiast
Default TCH down!!!

I have been getting a loud scraping sound when accelerating or braking. The dealer thinks that the sound is coming from the transmission. Sounds like something came loose inside. I have just under 10000 miles, and still getting 37 mpg.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH down!!!

Thought my experience was different, if it is the transmission, I'd go for warranty replacement. Maybe others will have relevant experience. Remember Toyota's recent Consumers Union slide was attributable to the V6 Camry transmission. Good Luck and update us here.

Here is my TCH transmission experience taken from an otherwise unrelated post I made:

I did have a "transmission" (I forget the name for the Hybrid unit) replaced at about 1700 miles under warranty. It did not involve any true breakdown of apparent malfunction. Rather, Toyota insisted/elected to require dealer to replace the unit after I discovered a very small fluid leak following my maiden/break-in voyage. They said it was a small leak at a seal and did not even suggest some lesser repair. Mine was probably early production at Georgetown KY plant and given that the TCH was a new model and overall quality issues that Toyota was having with, for example, the V6 Camry transmission, my guess is that they wanted to be sure to leave me satisfied and breakdown the transmission for QA. While it was inconvenient at the time, I was completely satisfied and have not had any other material defects.

Last edited by wdmark; 10-24-2007 at 10:46 AM. Reason: stupidity