TCH Electric motor 141HP/105KW - any MODs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH Electric motor 141HP/105KW - any MODs?

well, it's an idle discussion. but point is - you will not have much different mpg in TCH. look around - folks scramble for 35mpg. That they promise 40 in 2012 one, does not mean it will be the case.
2nd point is - new TCH costs what? 40-42K? it's only 10 grand difference from Infinity. for what it is.. plus, there's ways of buying one waay cheaper than sticker price.
3rd point is - it's a great scientific project!! I bow to you for intentions and perseverance! AND I MEAN IT. now, what will happen, you'll fork for na anywhere between 37 to 40K vehicle - and fry it.
so here's my main point. why bother, if you already can have same, sorry, better, from factory and factory tuned/designed? I mean, for the heck of tinkeringship, yes. but check craigslist. kids put 20, 30, 40 grand into a tuned car. selling it for what? 8? with no takers?
no worries, I have seen Civic with 678BHP. it's quite irrelevant to the topic.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:02 PM

well, it's an idle discussion. but point is - you will not have much different mpg in TCH. look around - folks scramble for 35mpg. That they promise 40 in 2012 one, does not mean it will be the case.
2nd point is - new TCH costs what? 40-42K? it's only 10 grand difference from Infinity. for what it is.. plus, there's ways of buying one waay cheaper than sticker price.
3rd point is - it's a great scientific project!! I bow to you for intentions and perseverance! AND I MEAN IT. now, what will happen, you'll fork for na anywhere between 37 to 40K vehicle - and fry it.
so here's my main point. why bother, if you already can have same, sorry, better, from factory and factory tuned/designed? I mean, for the heck of tinkeringship, yes. but check craigslist. kids put 20, 30, 40 grand into a tuned car. selling it for what? 8? with no takers?

Old 10-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
You need to educate yourself on the new Camry Hybrid. It is not like the old one you drive and thus the MPGs listed actually is better than what you post. It does not cost 40K, I am in the USA not the UK (Europe has a different tax policy which bias things towards small 1L cars or at best a diesel) more like 25K. You must be joking if you think Infinity is anyway on my wish list, at best think a Lexus. I wont touch anything Honda or Nissan. I wish I was a kid but I am not and no I do not intend to do any of this myself just enjoy my car. You can learn what Prius mod kits can do, but mainly I expect Toyota to do such a "mod" on their next gen anyway.
My post was meant for people who are in the know, and that is not you sorry.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by CamryHybrid2012
Abysmally, the VSC/Trac system in the Camry would be activating continuously in order to prevent loss of directional control due to driven wheel slip/spin. The Infinity, being RWD, could make use of the entire HP capability during HARD acceleration since directional control would not be threatened.

You obviously do not know the Camry. you can turn tracion off... Has nothing to do with RWD or anything you mention sorry.,
The subject matter was regarding a very unique,~700 HP Camry vs a production RWD Infinity. A FWD 700 HP wouldn't be viable absent a serious level of dethrottling during low speed acceleration or traction control.

You just can't expect to make use of that much HP on only the front wheels without the threat of loss of directional control.

Unless you move stearing control to the non-driven rear wheels, that is.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by CamryHybrid2012
What does Atkinson cycle has to do with the power? The gas gets 156HP already, what are you referring to? RWD? Huh? You make no sense sorry.
As I said, if you wish to increase the level of PEAK power delivered via the electrics the PSD design/concept REQUIRES that the ICE PEAK power be increased an equal amount, %. The simplest way to that and still maintain the economy of the Atkinson cycle mode 98% of the time is to only switch from Atkinson to Miller cycle when the driver "asks" for an output power level beyond the Atkinson capability.

In cruise mode the positive displacement SC would spin only fast enough to supply atmospheric pressure, therefore the only parasitic SC loss would be frictional.