TCH going up steep inclines...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH going up steep inclines...

Eairly Prius models could not climb steep hill in reverse. It was quickly fixed.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by OmegaOmega
Is this an issue that is also experienced in the Prius?
Definitely yes on the Prius. I owned one before my TCH. Probably applies to all THSD vehicles.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Stavinski

I live at the top of a hill. I get off the highway, turn the corner off the ramp, then turn up a hill into my subdivision. Many times I have come home and had the ICE shut off at the light off the higway and not start again until I get in the car the next morning. This grade is a bear on a bicycle, so I know it's not a dinky little hill. This car has more than adequate power for hills, cruise doesn't vary 1MPH that I've ever noticed. Also, I was pulling out onto a street with speed limit of 45 the other day next to a hill. I started to pull out and got about half way into the lane when I car came over the hill. I pushed it to the floor and it actually barked the tires and I was doing 45 next thing I knew. This car is terrible for the first 5 feet of acceleration from a stop, but like a rocket after that. The specs are faster to 60 than my 2000 Infiniti I30t was by a full half second. I believe it. Electric motor provides awesome passing power/Torque with CVT too. Awesome performance from everywhere except a dead stop. Look at the 5-60 times and compare it to other cars. Hills are not a problem.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OmegaOmega
I live in San Francisco and live in the Glen park district where my house sits on top of a steep hill
Hi OmegaOmega, I also live in SF, in Glen Park on top a of steep hill so I'm sure that I'll run into the same issues trying to parallel park. I'm picking up my TCH tomorrow from the dealer so I'm sure I'll experience this first hand real soon.

I thought that I would be the first one in the neighborhood to get a TCH let alone a red one but it looks like you beat me to the punch.

I'll probably see you around the neighborhood so I'll be sure to wave.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by markn
Hi OmegaOmega, I also live in SF, in Glen Park on top a of steep hill so I'm sure that I'll run into the same issues trying to parallel park. I'm picking up my TCH tomorrow from the dealer so I'm sure I'll experience this first hand real soon.

I thought that I would be the first one in the neighborhood to get a TCH let alone a red one but it looks like you beat me to the punch.

I'll probably see you around the neighborhood so I'll be sure to wave.
Just don't smash into me when your car lurches while in reverse trying to go against gravity. I've already hit like 10 or so cars... JK