TCH Navagation frustration!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default TCH Navagation frustration!

Anyway to avoid listening to "after the beep, say a command, after the beep......, after the beep.......) I had a nav system on a 2004 honda accord and you could just push the talk button and say a command...the system didn't voice prompt you at every move.

Overall is a better nav system, but it seems a lot slower since you have to wait to listen to the prompt.....I tried just pushing the talk button again to see if it would bypass the voice prompt, but it just started the voice prompt over again.

Old 12-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH Navagation frustration!

Originally Posted by ilovemytdi
Anyway to avoid listening to "after the beep, say a command, after the beep......, after the beep.......) I had a nav system on a 2004 honda accord and you could just push the talk button and say a command...the system didn't voice prompt you at every move.

Overall is a better nav system, but it seems a lot slower since you have to wait to listen to the prompt.....I tried just pushing the talk button again to see if it would bypass the voice prompt, but it just started the voice prompt over again.

Yes, James, there is a way to disable the prompt.

Select the MENU button, then press SET-UP and go to the second page. Now turn VOICE RECOGNITION GUIDANCE to OFF.

There is a caveat to this:
While it turns the prompting OFF, there will still be a dead time (as though the prompting is still being said) until you hear the BEEP.
I hope this helps.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH Navagation frustration!

Thanks for the info!