TCH vs. XLE Security System

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 05:38 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default TCH vs. XLE Security System

Both my '07 XLE-V6 and '07 TCH have a flashing "Security" light next to the clock when the cars are off and locked.
The XLE has also has a transparent sticker on the driver's side window saying the XLE has a Auto Security System but the TCH has no such sticker.
From my perspective I see no difference between the two cars security.
Neither car has any PIO security option. Everyting is stock as it comes with each's model level features.
What, if any, subtle difference warrants the XLE getting the window sticker and the TCH not?

Old 07-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH vs. XLE Security System

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Both my '07 XLE-V6 and '07 TCH have a flashing "Security" light next to the clock when the cars are off and locked.
The XLE has also has a transparent sticker on the driver's side window saying the XLE has a Auto Security System but the TCH has no such sticker.
Neither car has any PIO security option. Everyting is stock as it comes with each's model level features.
What, if any, subtle difference warrants the XLE getting the window sticker and the TCH not?
TCH = engine immobiliser
XLE = Toyota Theft Deterrent System (hence the sticker).

In other words, the XLE has an alarm system and the TCH doesn't.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tideland Prius
TCH = engine immobiliser

Hmmm, I wonder what my TCH was doing with the horn beeping and lights flashing?

Seriously, I've set off the TCH factory alarm - so I know it has one! I had locked the car with the drivers window down. A few hours later I went out to the car without my keys and just reached in and opened up the car. About 10-15 seconds later the horn and lights started going off. I had to go get the keys to silence the ruckus.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Tideland Prius
TCH = engine immobiliser

The XLE also has the Engine Immobilizer.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
I got Security system in my TCH. It wasn't factory installed, dealer installed it. Stickers were given to me separately.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by nash

Seriously, I've set off the TCH factory alarm - so I know it has one! I had locked the car with the drivers window down. A few hours later I went out to the car without my keys and just reached in and opened up the car. About 10-15 seconds later the horn and lights started going off. I had to go get the keys to silence the ruckus.
Yours must have non standard equipment, maybe dealer or port installed, because mine won't sound alarm unless panic button is pressed.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pete4
Yours must have non standard equipment, maybe dealer or port installed, because mine won't sound alarm unless panic button is pressed.

+1 I can even have my windows down and my doors locked and reach inside and no alarm will sound.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pete4
If I do, I did not pay for it! I don't have any line items on the sheet that lists all the features and options that came with the car, or a manual for a car alarm. I'll do some testing and see how long it takes for the TCH to arm it's alarm.

I've also noticed if I unlock the car and don't open a door, after about a minute or so, the car relocks itself!

Old 07-26-2007, 06:03 PM

If I do, I did not pay for it! I don't have any line items on the sheet that lists all the features and options that came with the car, or a manual for a car alarm. I'll do some testing and see how long it takes for the TCH to arm it's alarm.

I've also noticed if I unlock the car and don't open a door, after about a minute or so, the car relocks itself!
The auto-relock is part of the remote keyless entry system and has nothing to do with having an alarm or not.

Dunno.. maybe you have an alarm system installed (Toyota or not). Some dealers do ship TCHs with alarm systems.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

I never thought I'd be posting to this thread by my non-existant TCH car alarm went off about an hour ago. Beeping horn and flashing lights.

We were sitting in the car. I had just shutdown the system, but instead of getting out I cycled the power button to "on" to get a last look at the instrument display. While I was cycling the DISP button the alarm went off! I had no idea what happened nor what to do. I cycled the power switch and it finally stopped.

I don't know what this is, since no alarm system was on the invoice. I've got no experience with car alarms -- my last two cars had just the passive engine shut-off variety. It has me spooked because I don't know what I did or how to avoid it in the future.

Quick Reply: TCH vs. XLE Security System

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands