Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Time to say goodbye (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/time-say-goodbye-25695/)

GeorgiaHybrid 12-08-2010 07:19 PM

Time to say goodbye

Well folks, it's been fun but it's time to say goodbye. I thought we had a solution to the posting of ads as a sticky within the forum but the owner prefers to do that instead of letting them have a banner or some other style of ad instead. I do not agree with that so it's time to go.

I wanted everyone here to know that I have enjoyed my time on this forum and hopefully I have helped a few over the years. If anyone ever gets stuck, you can find me at the garage journal or the garage gazette.

It's been a hoot,

David

haroldo 12-09-2010 01:52 AM

Re: Time to say goodbye

one last chance to send a message to owners https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...e-owner-25696/

rburt07 12-09-2010 02:02 AM

David,

I for one sure hate to see you go. You seem to be on target with your information and suggestions for helping people with their car problems.

You have been a great help to me and the others in these green-hybrid forms.

I'm sure the other forms are lucky to have your input.

Jimmy

Smilin' Jack 12-09-2010 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by rburt07 (Post 230510)
David,

I for one sure hate to see you go. You seem to be on target with your information and suggestions for helping people with their car problems.

You have been a great help to me and the others in these green-hybrid forms.

I'm sure the other forms are lucky to have your input.

Jimmy

Same goes for me.

Thanks so much, David.

Ever think of hanging out at myhybridcar ?

Jack

UWAdventurer 12-09-2010 06:30 PM

I hate to see you go. You have been a great asset to the forum. Would you reconsider? You have given me good reliable advise. If you won't reconsider would you consider sending me an address where you can be reached in a private message?

Ron

haroldo 12-10-2010 05:59 AM

Ron,
As people leave, if they don't return, they might not see your request.
However, if you send them a private message he might be alerted to the message with an e-mail from the site (assuming he set it up this way), so it's more likely they'll be aware of your interest in staying in touch.

evois 12-10-2010 06:37 AM

well, I hope he would reconsider.

haroldo 12-10-2010 07:11 AM

I think it's already too late.
The activity in the forum seemed to have steadily declined over the months, but of late, IMHO, there seems to be very little interest. Not sure if that's because the TCH is a car and eventually, you know all that you need to about the car (unlike computer forums where every day there is a new question), thus the lack of interest in the forum...or in response to the owner's policy.

I've visited many differnt forums, on a wide variety of interest. Eventually, some just die out due to lack of interest. I think this one is destined for that fate.

lzc 12-12-2010 09:52 AM

Operators of these types of forums face a dilemma. Users want them to be free of cost and (almost) free of ads. But unobtrusive ads don't generate enough revenue to cover costs. What to do?

McGyver 12-12-2010 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by lzc (Post 230609)
Operators of these types of forums face a dilemma. Users want them to be free of cost and (almost) free of ads. But unobtrusive ads don't generate enough revenue to cover costs. What to do?

Why not limit advertisements to things we might want? We could do discounted, group buys on parts and supplies and generate a kickback to the site owners. Think of the possibilities: Filters, (the right) oil, headlamps, stereo upgrades, crash parts, suspension parts, upgraded brakes, scan tools. You could cross link to places like tirerack.com.

You get a couple of guys like David on here and I for one would gladly pay a membership fee for 'premium content'.