Trunk pass-through

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Trunk pass-through

For the first time today, I used the opening from the trunk to back seat for a useful purpose. Purchased six 7 ft. metal fence posts from Home Depot and hauled 'em home in the TCH.

I'm curious how others may have found this small pass-through to be useful.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Trunk pass-through

Usefull, yes. But still wish I had the full pass-thru that non-hybrid Camry has.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I haven't had the opportunity to use it. I need to actually get back there to see how much room I actually have. I know it's not much but I should still look at it

Old 03-10-2007, 04:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm in the process of replacing the copper pipes in my house with CPVC (or what-ever the designation is). I was concerned about how long of pipe could be carried inside the car. (If it would be shorter than ten (10) feet, I would need to take extra line and cushioning material so I could tie down to oipen trunk lid.)

I lowered the back seat and laid down the passenger seat and measured. A little more than eleven feet. Oh happy day!

I was able to carry plenty of 10 foot CPVC pipes in the TCH. Not sure how many 2 x 4 boards I'll be able to carry at a time this summer. For paneling, well, I know that's out of the question.

I agree that I would have preferred to have a full pass-through.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Enthusiast

I used my pass-through the very first week I had the car (um, that would be, last week! :-)

We bought some moulding at Home Depot, and it juuuuuusssssssttttt squeezed through the pass-through.

I, too, would have preferred that they found somewhere ELSE to put that battery (the roof? the front bumper? hahaha) and gave us a REAL trunk. But I'm learning to live with my mini-trunk (I tell people that it's another energy-saving feature, because if you pack less junk when you travel, the car is lighter and you use less energy!)

Old 03-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

Folks, remember that Home Depot and Lowes both will rent you a truck for 75 minutes for I think 20 bucks.

This helps justify driving a smaller capacity, more efficient, car 99.9% of the time when you do not need all the extra space of a mini-van or pickup.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jreas
For the first time today, I used the opening from the trunk to back seat for a useful purpose. Purchased six 7 ft. metal fence posts from Home Depot and hauled 'em home in the TCH.

I'm curious how others may have found this small pass-through to be useful.
Just before ski season started I picked up 3 pair of skis and they fit fine with the seat down. I could've squeezed a 4th pair through but my son's skis weren't that long. I have a Yakima Cargo Box for visiting the slopes though.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by abward
Folks, remember that Home Depot and Lowes both will rent you a truck for 75 minutes for I think 20 bucks.

This helps justify driving a smaller capacity, more efficient, car 99.9% of the time when you do not need all the extra space of a mini-van or pickup.
They do??
hmmm. good point.
I was considering an old '53 chevy 5 window pickup. I guess I'll re-think it!