To TSB or not to TSB

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default To TSB or not to TSB

I am about to take my TCH into the dealer for the first time (15k) and was wondering if I should ask them to look into some TSBs. I have pretty much zero faith in dealer servicing and am worried about things ending up worse than when I started. I guess I'm just looking for advice on whether or not I'm being too paranoid about the dealer messing the car up.

The issues I've noticed are the center console squeak, the brakes squeaking at low speeds, and a rattle in the driver's side a/c vent. All things that I have lived with for the past year or so..

Anyone else out there too scared to mention problems to the dealer or is that just crazy?

Old 06-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Old Boomer Techie
Default Re: To TSB or not to TSB

Absolute yes on the brake one (TSB BR007-07). It makes a lot more than the reversing thing better, like smoother brake transition from regen to friction at the 6 miles per hour friction only threshold.

I don't have any of the other ones, so can not help there.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I agree with you TG, I do get worried about the quality of my dealer's repairs. That said, I have had a few TSBs done and am contemplating getting the audio AUX grounding interference fix performed but am afraid they will scratch or break something.

That said, I agree with FastMover. Absolute yes on the break TSB. I go it done and it has gone very well.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks guys I think I'll go ahead with the brake TSB.. the rattling and squeaking are intermittent and minor annoyances at worst.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 PM

The center console should be a easy fix for the repairman. I read once that the ac vent and outlet snap together. These being repeat problems in earlier models. I'm sure each has a common fix they do.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by rburt07
The center console should be a easy fix for the repairman. I read once that the ac vent and outlet snap together. These being repeat problems in earlier models. I'm sure each has a common fix they do.
With all of the TSBs it boils down to the level of care the technician is using. If they just rip thins apart, you could get scratches and what not. If they are careful, they all will be well. You have to gain a feeling for the various dealerships in your area and go to the one that you feel exhibits the highest level of care.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestions I ended up doing the brake TSB and it doesn't squeak anymore! The transition from regen to friction is not noticable anymore and feels more like a regular car.. was a bit hard to get used to at first (after a year of being able to stop on a dime ) but it's all good now!

I can live with the squeak and rattle as they are intermittent.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Hawaiian

Originally Posted by ToyotaGoblin
Thanks guys I think I'll go ahead with the brake TSB.. the rattling and squeaking are intermittent and minor annoyances at worst.
ok im the sound nut. I removed my rear dash and placed a thin carpet or felt cloth between the dash and the metal.(dyna mat or dampening material reduces bass if sub in trunk) I installed dyna mat in the rear panels coming down from the head liner, dynamat the doors now not one rattle in the car even with my stereo louder then healthy

whats TSB

Old 07-07-2008, 12:22 PM

TSB is a silent recall.
The stuff Toyota will fix if you complain.
They're aware of the problem and wait for you to come in to have it fixed.
They don't contact you.
It's not a full recall (which is very expensive and not needed for all the vehicles since not all are effected by the problem).

Old 07-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

I was unsure too so i googled it - Technical Service Bulletin.
I'm going to do this for my Aux. not sure I have anything else to do.

maybe we should have a list of the TSB items for each of the models. could be helpful.

I found this one on hybrid jungle -
http://forum.hybridjungle.net/index.php?topic=53.0

Last edited by test54; 07-07-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: To TSB or not to TSB

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands