Unlocking Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Unlocking Options

As you all now, the standard locking mechanism is set so that touching the driver side handle with key in pocket only opens the drivers door while doing the same on the passenger side door unlocks all of the doors.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the settings so that touching the handle on the drivers door unlocks all the doors at once? I get irritated when I have passengers and I open my door only to hear them all clunking away at locked doors until I can hit the unlock button, and now that I have a remote FOB, I don't particularly like taking the key out of the pocket.

Thanks for any input!!

Old 12-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Unlocking Options

Originally Posted by mgoblue6202
As you all now, the standard locking mechanism is set so that touching the driver side handle with key in pocket only opens the drivers door while doing the same on the passenger side door unlocks all of the doors.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the settings so that touching the handle on the drivers door unlocks all the doors at once? I get irritated when I have passengers and I open my door only to hear them all clunking away at locked doors until I can hit the unlock button, and now that I have a remote FOB, I don't particularly like taking the key out of the pocket.

Thanks for any input!!
Yes, you can do it. The manual explains how.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

I made the exact same change. I don't have the exact spot in the manual, but the instructions are there, and they're also posted elsewhere in this forum.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Camry Freak

Turn car off. Press and hold the "lock" button on the keyfob along with any other button for 5 seconds. The car will beep and you'll see a conformation image on the little dash display near the speedometer.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

We decided not to set our car that way. While it is a pain to unlock the doors manually, we were concerned about **painting the picture** trying to get into the car in a dark shopping center parking lot, with a suspicious person nearby and not having full control of the doorlocks.

.....just thinkin'