Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Upper "console" (sunglass holder area) removal (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/upper-console-sunglass-holder-area-removal-23079/)

jbollt 10-22-2009 09:00 AM

Upper "console" (sunglass holder area) removal

Does anyone have the instructions and/or pictures for removing the upper console...the module that includes the map lights, sunglass holder, moonroof switch etc? I figure it snaps in, but having some instructions perhaps showong where the clips are located might help me avoid any broken clips or damaged headliner. I have a small intermittent rattle over rough roads in that area that I figure will be met with a "can not duplicate" response from the dealer. I don't mind having a look-see before asking them to try to hear it and find it. Thanks!

Al Froio 10-22-2009 04:36 PM

Re: Upper "console" (sunglass holder area) removal

Originally Posted by jbollt (Post 212960)
Does anyone have the instructions and/or pictures for removing the upper console...the module that includes the map lights, sunglass holder, moonroof switch etc? I figure it snaps in, but having some instructions perhaps showong where the clips are located might help me avoid any broken clips or damaged headliner. I have a small intermittent rattle over rough roads in that area that I figure will be met with a "can not duplicate" response from the dealer. I don't mind having a look-see before asking them to try to hear it and find it. Thanks!

The Repair Manual [pg IR-17] shows four fastners at the front edge of the console. A clip at each corner and two claw type fastners toward the center. The picture shows using a moulding tool to pry the front edge down. The moulding tool looks like a narrow plastic spatula.

due to copyright restrictions, I can't send you the picture.

jbollt 10-23-2009 07:12 AM

Re: Upper "console" (sunglass holder area) removal

Originally Posted by Al Froio (Post 212985)
The Repair Manual [pg IR-17] shows four fastners at the front edge of the console. A clip at each corner and two claw type fastners toward the center. The picture shows using a moulding tool to pry the front edge down. The moulding tool looks like a narrow plastic spatula.

due to copyright restrictions, I can't send you the picture.

Thanks Al!