Upper "console" (sunglass holder area) removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Upper "console" (sunglass holder area) removal

Does anyone have the instructions and/or pictures for removing the upper console...the module that includes the map lights, sunglass holder, moonroof switch etc? I figure it snaps in, but having some instructions perhaps showong where the clips are located might help me avoid any broken clips or damaged headliner. I have a small intermittent rattle over rough roads in that area that I figure will be met with a "can not duplicate" response from the dealer. I don't mind having a look-see before asking them to try to hear it and find it. Thanks!

Old 10-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Upper "console" (sunglass holder area) removal

Originally Posted by jbollt
Does anyone have the instructions and/or pictures for removing the upper console...the module that includes the map lights, sunglass holder, moonroof switch etc? I figure it snaps in, but having some instructions perhaps showong where the clips are located might help me avoid any broken clips or damaged headliner. I have a small intermittent rattle over rough roads in that area that I figure will be met with a "can not duplicate" response from the dealer. I don't mind having a look-see before asking them to try to hear it and find it. Thanks!
The Repair Manual [pg IR-17] shows four fastners at the front edge of the console. A clip at each corner and two claw type fastners toward the center. The picture shows using a moulding tool to pry the front edge down. The moulding tool looks like a narrow plastic spatula.

due to copyright restrictions, I can't send you the picture.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Upper "console" (sunglass holder area) removal

Originally Posted by Al Froio
The Repair Manual [pg IR-17] shows four fastners at the front edge of the console. A clip at each corner and two claw type fastners toward the center. The picture shows using a moulding tool to pry the front edge down. The moulding tool looks like a narrow plastic spatula.

due to copyright restrictions, I can't send you the picture.
Thanks Al!