What did you name your TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default What did you name your TCH?

I named mine Ruf. Kind of a complicated association to get to the name, but I thought it was cute. LOL.

Originally, I had intended on getting the magnetic grey TCH, which to me, looked like a lump of coal kind of. Lump of coal, kind of like a diamond in the ROUGH, so I was going to name her Rough or Ruff.

Well, I ended up getting my Super White TCH, but the name stuck. Then the boyfriend decided to spell it Ruf, like the group that customizes Porsches. Plus, his nickname for me is *ahem can't believe I'm telling you guys this ahem* Puppy. LOL. So, Ruf seemed very appropriate.

We named his Rav4 Derby cause even though she is an SUV, she has crazy horse power and can really race if she needs to. So, Derby.

Now that I've thoroughly embarassed myself, please everyone else share the names of your beloved TCH's and the other beloved vehicles in your family fleet.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What did you name your TCH?

I didn't explicitly name the car...but I named the female voice on the NAV system.

I call her "Sandy" b/c I like Sandra Bullock (my wife kinda looks like her too).

So now the car is Sandy too

Old 06-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

This one took a lot of thought. I named mine "The Camry".

Old 06-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

LOL. Since I've decided to personify my TCH, I sometimes can't decide if the Nav is a separate entity or part of Ruf. LOL. Yes, I like to complicate things. When the Nav works well, she's part of Ruf. When she isn't, she's not. It's like when your kid does something bad, he or she suddenly becomes your spouse's child, not yours. haha.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:44 PM
HSD Organic Interface

"Camry13" to go with my "Droid13" logon. Droid is a nickname I got from my brother and brother-in-law in my teenage years when I was shy and spent a lot of time programming computers (fond memories of the TRS80 and AppleII). 13 became my lucky number because I was born on a Friday the 13th so seemed appropriate. It really hasn't been lucky or unlucky for me though. My life story as told by my logon name.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Hybrid Head

"Whitey"

Old 06-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Electricity Guzzler

Natascha. (This was the name of my cat when I lived in Japan.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: What did you name your TCH?

His name is Jetson.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

....Kermit....because between the first time I saw the car at the dealer, when I was kind of shocked at how green it was, until the second time I saw the car a few days later, it had morphed in my mind into a Kermit the Frog green! Luckily the second time I saw it I realized that it really wasn't that green and was actually a really nice color, but Kermit stuck.

Actually most of the time I call it MY CAR (as opposed to my husband's car). And it's an IT and not a he or she.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Enthusiast

Ok here's our short story.. The salesman couldn't say "Camry" He always said " Camy"
You guessed it, We call ours "Camy"

Quick Reply: What did you name your TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands