What good does garaging do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Old Boomer Techie
Default Re: What good does garaging do?

Its where you put all of the stuff to take care of your car. Otherwise it clutters up your house or you have to drag it all from the basement evertime you need it !

You do take care of your TCH, don't you ?

Old 05-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FastMover
Its where you put all of the stuff to take care of your car. Otherwise it clutters up your house or you have to drag it all from the basement evertime you need it !

You do take care of your TCH, don't you ?
Naw, I'll let the dealership or someone else deal with that. I used to change the oil and plugs and stuff on my bike when I had it, but that was just because you kind of need to do that stuff yourself with a bike. My time is not worth the 20 bucks I'd save doing it myself, especially since it would probably take me hours since I'm not very good with that kind of stuff.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Enthusiast

I can relate to you since I have a
2009 TCH, and due to the fact that it is a company car, vs cars owned by
us, my Camry has to park outside on the driveway.

I yield my garage space to a 2008 Accord v6(wife's) and a 2004 Corolla-S
(daughter's).
I do wash weekly, if possible, wax once a month for protection and pride
of ownership.

If you never spent more than $5K on your previous rides, I can understand
not caring if it stays outside. Just transportation.
If your situation is such that you have no covered parking for your TCH, just make do.

Wash/wax as often as you can.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:54 AM
Enthusiast

JOE
I got the bra from carbras.com $149.97. Additionally, I purchased a couple extra pieces to fill in the grill openings. Based on various posts I was going to cover the openings (velcro) in the winter in hopes of warming up quicker. The guy I worked with (Ken I believe, but the emails are on my work computer) sent another whole bra (don't know what it fits), so if you're needing some pieces to do the same I can hook you up (I'm in Hummelstown).
BTW the instal was a piece of cake, you just need a warm sunny day.
I'm heading out for oil and a filter

Old 05-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

Steve,

Advance Auto has Pennzoil Platinum plus a Mobil 1 filter for 24.99 until the 31st! Great deal!

Old 05-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Enthusiast

Joe,
Wish I would have seen your post sooner. I went over to the local NAPA ... the Mobil1 0/20 was $8 and some change as was the NAPA gold filter. I picked up a case of dino and filters for the rest of the fleet as well. I guess I was just trying to stimulate the economy one oil change at a time.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

To the OP, our Camry spends 99.9% of the time out of the garage. In the last 2.5 years that we've had it it has seen some very hot days. However, the paint and leather seats are just fine. As far as frost in the morning, that's what the defrosters are for (and they work quite well on the Camry).
Just my two pennies.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:05 AM
Enthusiast

Carlos,
In an open forum everyone’s two cents is welcomed. However, anyone having access to a garage should consider using it for the reasons remunerated in haroldo, chibbs and other’s posts. Personally, I find it really convenient to stroll into the (always dry somewhat warm or cool depending on the season) open the garage door fire up the cam and be on my way. Heck sometimes I leave the sun roof open and the windows down.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevefeathers
...Heck sometimes I leave the sun roof open and the windows down...
You don't have spiders in your community? Every time I leave the window open in the garage, I find 'things' take up residence.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Enthusiast

haroldo,
I haven’t had any problems with spiders, but a robin built a nest on top of the garage door opener. Let me tell you that can be a messJ I ended up using some chicken wire to make a fence/cage in order to keep her out.

Quick Reply: What good does garaging do?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands