What good does garaging do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What good does garaging do?

Originally Posted by stevefeathers
Carlos,
In an open forum everyone’s two cents is welcomed. However, anyone having access to a garage should consider using it for the reasons remunerated in haroldo, chibbs and other’s posts. Personally, I find it really convenient to stroll into the (always dry somewhat warm or cool depending on the season) open the garage door fire up the cam and be on my way. Heck sometimes I leave the sun roof open and the windows down.

I hear you, and I say if you got it, use it! My point was that your car isn't going to fall apart just because you don't park it in the garage. That is assuming you're in a decent location. If I was in a bad area I probably won't leave ANYTHING outside! LOL!.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Old 03-31-2010, 10:30 AM
700 Mi Camry Club Member
Default Re: What good does garaging do?

Bugs here...leaving your car outside can make for a few tough mornings when the dew is heavy. If you don't clean the dew off all the way around, you might put yourself in jeporady while driving. Another thing, those stupid pine needles in my area get in under the wipers and can be hard to remove. I can never get used to ice on the windshield. Arggg...I hate scraping. Putting your car in the garage is a no brainer. On the other hand, if there is a car out, it lets someone know your home...and that includes robbers.

So, if you leave your car out, robbers are more readily to move on. If you leave the car in the garage, you have a bunch of good reasons for making that decision which are weather and hazards related. I vote for car in the garage.