what one thing do you like about the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: what one thing do you like about the TCH

I love the peppiness, the quietness, the amenities, the look. Over all it is a really sexy car. I just wish the paint was more durable. I love how people look at it and admire it. When I first got it, people at work would comment on it all the time...this lasted for at least 7 months and there were a lot of repeat commenters.

....then people started to copy me and got more camries....

Old 03-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Fabulous in Green

Speaking of which ....

When I was picking out colors at the lot, they told me that NYC will be purchasing a number of silver camry's to be converted into cabs or something. So, I immediately said "NO" to the silver. Long story short, I chose the dark gray, without thinking that someone in my building already has the dark grey on an XLE. The next morning I was cursing up a storm when I saw the other car. But surprisingly, I got more compliments than him. That itty bitty Hybrid sign made a big difference. Even he came up to me one day to compare our cars.

I just love my car!

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
I love the peppiness, the quietness, the amenities, the look. Over all it is a really sexy car. I just wish the paint was more durable. I love how people look at it and admire it. When I first got it, people at work would comment on it all the time...this lasted for at least 7 months and there were a lot of repeat commenters.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Driving in stealth mode

I forgot one major thing for me.....being 6'4" I love the leg room. I drive with the seat all the way back and have to point my foot forward to touch the firewall. I am also able to have my son's car seat behind me without moving forward.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by g.theory
Speaking of which ....

When I was picking out colors at the lot, they told me that NYC will be purchasing a number of silver camry's to be converted into cabs or something. So, I immediately said "NO" to the silver. Long story short, I chose the dark gray, without thinking that someone in my building already has the dark grey on an XLE. The next morning I was cursing up a storm when I saw the other car. But surprisingly, I got more compliments than him. That itty bitty Hybrid sign made a big difference. Even he came up to me one day to compare our cars.

I just love my car!
Ha! It was almost the same. I picked up a black one and then there was a dark gray here. Both an XLE and Hybrid! At my apartment complex, a guy just moved in and has a blue TCH. He parks next to me all the time.

Us TCHers need to stick together! (I think the cars like it too.)

Old 03-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Enthusiast
Question Re: what one thing do you like about the TCH

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue

In what respect is the paint not durable??

Old 03-19-2008, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by imagrn1
If you rub up against it the slightest bit it will leave a mark. That said, I do have black so I can see it all. If it were a different color, many of the imperfections would be hidden to some respect.

Compared to a few past cars, I just feel the paint is going to wear very quickly.

Also, it is widely known that today's car paints are water based and are therefore less durable (softer). In addition, the number of coats on these cars are fewer than others out there and certainly not nearly as much as a BMW or Lexus.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by imagrn1
This might be hard to believe, but I have an '09 with about 1500 miles on it already and it has more chips and nicks on the paint in the front end then my 1994 Mitsubishi 300GT that has almost 190,000 miles on it!
I am VERY bummed about that, other then that I really like the car though. But I agree, the paint sucks! I wish I would have got a "clear bra" for the front, but its already to late for that...