Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/what-one-thing-really-drives-you-nuts-about-tch-9167/)

kluken 08-10-2006 04:30 AM

What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Ii have asked what people really don't like, but let's try just picking out the biggest thing that drives you nuts about the car...
The darn dash lighting. When the lights are on I dim the dash lights becasue they are bright and the stupid radio is lit up like a landing strip beacon, still can't get the radio area dark enough, but worse yet, dimming the dash witht he lights on affects the dash guage lighting witht he lights off! DUMB DUMB DUMB! Whent he light are off the dash shoudl go to MAX brighness, otherwise they should allow the guage/dash lighting to be controlled independantly for lights on vs. off. Sur ei have other thinsg and most are monor, but this on is a daily annoyance since I drive to work when it is dark and come home when it is light so I have to adjust my dash lighting twice a day, how stupid! I must say Toyota builds great cars, and has some good engineers, but ergonomics is not one of their strong points!

Orcrone 08-10-2006 06:18 AM

Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Kluken, I have to agree with the dash lighting. In addition to what you said the gauges are difficult to read during the day with bright light shining on them. I also don't like the auto-dimming mirror that much. I've had a couple of times when monster trucks came up behind me during the day with their lights on, shining right into the mirror and it didn't get dark enough. I think I'd prefer a good old manually dimming mirror.

ByronJames2003 08-10-2006 08:43 PM

What drives me nuts is more of a wish.

Imagine what an amazing car and accompanying smugness we'd all have it the electric engine would stay on while traveling up to 60 MPH instead of 40.

Byron

AKM 08-11-2006 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by ByronJames2003
What drives me nuts is more of a wish.

Imagine what an amazing car and accompanying smugness we'd all have it the electric engine would stay on while traveling up to 60 MPH instead of 40.

Byron

Yep, another 20hp out of the electric motor and the ability to operate in the 60mph range would be perfect.

Don't think the battery technology could handle it right now.

What drives me nuts? No drivers seat memory!

FL07THC 08-11-2006 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by AKM
Yep, another 20hp out of the electric motor and the ability to operate in the 60mph range would be perfect.

Don't think the battery technology could handle it right now.

What drives me nuts? No drivers seat memory!

I agree. My wife is 5'9 and I am 6'4. We work together and only drive the TCH while leaving my Highlander parked. The highlander is simple to adjust the seat because she only has to move it forward. She moves it ever which way in the TCH. We came out of a TL and it had memory seats. It is missed.

Mr. Happy 08-11-2006 07:07 AM

The center console squeak.

No, wait, the lack of a place to rest my left elbow.

FL07THC 08-11-2006 07:15 AM

My center console does not squeak. Nothing squeaks.

Mr. Happy 08-11-2006 07:27 AM

You're lucky. Lots of us suffer from the squeak emitting from the vertical fins on either side of the central storage bin that rub against the trim below the bin.

bmgoodman 08-11-2006 07:43 AM

Mine didn't squeak at all until over 2000 miles. Now, driving with crickets is not unusual. ;)

I'm still bothered by the lack of folding mirrors. Memory seats would be a nice plus, too.

pbanks 08-11-2006 09:19 AM

That I haven't got it yet :(