Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/what-one-thing-really-drives-you-nuts-about-tch-9167/)

elsifer 06-28-2007 10:23 AM

Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

It would have to be the huge blind spot on my left side.

Oh, and I don't use the controls on the steering wheel - I guess I'm old-school. I just find it more intuitive to reach for the center console when I want to change something. But I'm always bumping into the dang controls and inadvertently messing things up. So that would be my second-most annoying thing.

MagGreyGoose 06-28-2007 10:27 AM

I miss my factory installed leather. I gave my '01 Impala w/ leather to my daughters when I bought the TCH. I had to move it the other day and I had forgotten how nice those seats were.

rmorrow 06-28-2007 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by MagGreyGoose (Post 131700)
I miss my factory installed leather. I gave my '01 Impala w/ leather to my daughters when I bought the TCH. I had to move it the other day and I had forgotten how nice those seats were.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. Why didn't you get it with the leather?

john312 06-30-2007 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by rmorrow (Post 131708)
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. Why didn't you get it with the leather?

For a period of time if you wanted leather you had to take the full package with nav and moonroof or get non-factory leather.

If my TCH had come with leather, the first thing I would have done would have been to rip it out and replace it with cloth.

skywagon 06-30-2007 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by john312 (Post 132020)
For a period of time if you wanted leather you had to take the full package with nav and moonroof or get non-factory leather.

If my TCH had come with leather, the first thing I would have done would have been to rip it out and replace it with cloth.

:shade: Ya sure you would!:shade: :shade: :shade: ROTFFLMAO

john312 06-30-2007 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by skywagon (Post 132029)
:shade: Ya sure you would!:shade: :shade: :shade: ROTFFLMAO

True, I wouldn't have bought it that way in the first place. I simply won't buy a car with leather seats. I hate leather seating surfaces whether they are in a car or on furniture in a house.

MagGreyGoose 06-30-2007 03:19 PM

I couldn't get factory installed leather and didn't trust that it would look as nice.

wilsons66604 07-02-2007 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by juicius (Post 131581)
I dunno, maybe you can do this but I've never been a big manual reader...

I wish the car would lock automatically as I walk away from the car with no one inside the car. I find it somewhat incongruous in a high tech car such as this that I have to manually press the button on the handle to lock the car.

I can relate!
I've gotten so used to the automatic UNlock, I forget to LOCK the car sometimes!

wilsons66604 07-02-2007 11:30 AM

I've never seen anyone mention this before and it the one thing that really bugs me.
the center vents on the dash have nearly no vertical adjustment! What's with that?

FastMover 07-03-2007 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by wilsons66604 (Post 132291)
I can relate!
I've gotten so used to the automatic UNlock, I forget to LOCK the car sometimes!

Wait until you try to leave the car without shutting it down! Just selector to park -- and then try to leave. Don't laugh, I know at least four people that it has happened to, and sooner or later -- well!
:confused: