Whats wrong with my hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 08:59 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Whats wrong with my hybrid?

About seafoam, it smokes right? When you add to fuel. Planning to do an engine clean on multiple cars. Used Auto-RX, but never tried seafoam. My old bmw with 135k, making a secondary timing chain noise after 2-3k miles of oil change. The tensioner is weak, but with new oil, it is ok. I think it is due for a engine flush.

Filling gas from Costco here in Plano, TX area is a real time consuming process. You can easily spend 15-20 minutes in the line. So i stopped filling from Costco. The wait is simply not worth it. Also some people, even though 10 people are waiting, after filling the gas, still wait in the car, sending messages on phone and all. Had to honk so that the people will move their cars. Now using Chevron consistently.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Whats wrong with my hybrid?

Top tier gas is always a good idea for long-term care of your vehicle. Costco gasoline is top tier (and inexpensive) but, if you're having to wait in line that long, there are several other top tier brands that are often quite reasonable in price depending on location and surrounding gas stations. I would certainly pay another nickel per gallon ($.60 for a typical fill-up) rather than wait in line. List below:

Top Tier retailers include 76, Aloha Petroleum, Amoco, ARCO, Beacon, BP, Break Time, Cenex, Chevron, CITGO, Conoco, Co-op, Costco, CountryMark, Diamond Shamrock, Entec, Esso, Express, Exxon, Holiday, Kwik Star Stores, Kwik Trip, Mahalo, MFA, Mobil, Ohana Fuels, Petro-Canada, Phillips 66, PUMA, QT, Quik Trip, Road Ranger, Shamrock, Shell / Shell V-Power, Sinclair Standard, SuperAmerica, SuperFuels, Tempo, Texaco, Tri-Par, and Valero.