Who else has placed an order?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Who else has placed an order?

Well, I ended up putting a deposit today for a loaded Magnetic Gray. It's due to arrive before the end of May!!!

Anyone else yet?

Old 05-05-2006, 07:54 PM
hy-curious
Default Re: Who else has placed an order?

I'm still debating - buy now and take on more debt but start saving on gas immediately; or wait a few more years until a) I can save up the cash to buy a new car outright and b) there may be a lot more efficient options out there, including plug-ins.

Old 05-05-2006, 08:31 PM

I technically placed an order but Toyota didn't grant it, so now I'm just trolling alot of dealers trying to find news of any base models arriving or being allocated.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Arrow Re: Who else has placed an order?

I first placed orders at Hoehn and Kearny Mesa Toyota, but they couldn't tell me if I'd be waiting THREE or FOUR months to get a car.

At Mossy, I went directly to the sales manager, a very nice guy. He had exactly my car on his list, with no customer having put a deposit on it... so... now it's gonna be MINE!!!

By the way, I went back and drove the same Hybrid at Hoehn today, to see if I could duplicate your mileage. I went past Oceanside and back to Carlsbad... but couldn't do over 40 MPG. (Disappointed.)

I'm used to the Insight, with an instantaneous mileage gauge... the salesman at Hoehn said the Camry has none... just a cumulative average. Can that be true??? I don't know why they would not include an instantaneous mileage gauge.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:44 PM

Hmmm, after visiting camrychat.com and reading some chat on the hybrid, it seems like maybe my salesman wasn't well-informed. It sounds like the NAV system has an "Energy Monitor & Consumption" screen with instantaneous mileage updates. (Hopeful.)

Old 05-06-2006, 12:01 AM

Um, there's a huge analog gauge to the left of the speedometer that shows your current mileage, along with a digital display within the speedometer for tank mileage and other stats.

I tried dealing with Mossy but the people I contacted were rude and ignorant. Maybe I'll try again, going through fleet. As for Kearny Mesa, I was put on their waiting list in early April and I was around #15 on line. They guessed they'd get 4-5 cars in May and more in June, but it doesn't sound too hopeful.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:27 AM

Try working with Rich Mertz, Team Manager at Mossy. He was very helpful. I am #20 at Kearny Mesa, ugh.