Will our batteries be orphaned once Lithium comes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Will our batteries be orphaned once Lithium comes?

Don't worry about it. The batteries in our cars are no different than anything else in this world that uses rechargeable batteries (drills, saws, screwdrivers, flashlights, cell phones, etc, etc, etc). Once the batteries are shot, just throw it away and buy a new one, 'cause it won't be worth what it cost to fix it. They should bring a decent scrap value tho. bobo

Old 01-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think that there are a few too many people that concentrate on "Why it can't be done" and not enough on "How do we do it".

If there is sufficient benefit to be gained, then someone will do it, even if only to prove the naysayers wrong.

Remember that there were people that _KNEW_ that the human body couldn't move faster than 60 MPH without dying.

Engineers absolutely LOVE to make some goofball that says "It can't be done" eat their words. We live for the expression on their faces. It's a technical thing, kind of a "Revenge of the Nerds" type moment.

BWAAHAHAHAHAAAA

Old 01-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think RadioTek is right in that it COULD be done, but Alan and SPL are also right in that it would not be as big a benefit as if the TCH had been designed for it. From what the engineers here have said, I would guess that the Li pack would have to be a full emulator of the NiMH pack so the TCHs ECU wouldn't know any different.