Winter Car Mats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Enthusiast
Default Winter Car Mats?

I want to get some rubber winter carpet mats for my TCH as I live in the Northwest and it is constantly wet from November through May. My dealer had a set that weren't that much, but they required some trimming.

Has anybody installed any winter mats, and if so, what kind and how do you like them?

Old 09-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Winter Car Mats?

Originally Posted by Heavymetal
I want to get some rubber winter carpet mats for my TCH as I live in the Northwest and it is constantly wet from November through May. My dealer had a set that weren't that much, but they required some trimming.

Has anybody installed any winter mats, and if so, what kind and how do you like them?
I have been looking also and I think I am going to go with Weathertec. They custom design each mat for the specific model of car / truck. They are not cheap but you can get just the front or complete set. A friend bought a set for his Murano and is very happy. They come colour matched and have high sides (cupped) to keep snow/rain/water from getting on the carpet. Pick up any Car & Driver magazine as they always advertise and even show a picture of the Camry. Their web site also shows good pics.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Got mine from the dealer - made for Toyota and fit well. Very heavy duty.

John

Old 09-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

US and Canadian mats are different for some reason...

Old 09-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Enthusiast

Here's a link to a place online that sells the mats, a heckuva lot cheaper than the dealership too!

I had the all weather mats for my Mazda CX-7 and they work GREAT!

http://www.mytoyotawarehouse.com

Last edited by WJBushSr; 09-19-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Camry Freak

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...spagenameZWDVW

I'm not sure about this seller specifically, but I bought a set of these off of ebay when I bought my car.

These mats are made specifically for the 2007 or 2008 Camry. I have a set and they work great. I think you can get them in either black or brown. I used them last winter and they did a great job protecting my carpet against the nasty Wisconsin winter.

I think I paid like 75 bucks plus shipping.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WJBushSr
Here's a link to a place online that sells the mats, a heckuva lot cheaper than the dealership too!

I had the all weather mats for my Mazda CX-7 and they work GREAT!

http://www.mytoyotawarehouse.com
I was going to recommend the same place. I got the custom Camry mats here. The dealership wanted about $150. This site has them listed for $64.50.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

I bought the front and rear Weathertec mats last year and highly recommend them. They have deep grooves to catch water/snow/mud, fit nicely, and match my grey (ash) interior really well. I leave them in all year.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Old Boomer Techie
Thumbs up Re: Winter Car Mats?

Originally Posted by scott
I was going to recommend the same place. I got the custom Camry mats here. The dealership wanted about $150. This site has them listed for $64.50.
I got them there too. UPS charge was a little steep, but the price and quality was good.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by klynch
I bought the front and rear Weathertec mats last year and highly recommend them. They have deep grooves to catch water/snow/mud, fit nicely, and match my grey (ash) interior really well. I leave them in all year.
If you notice above, I too want to go the Weathertec route. Can you tell me if you removed the original mats that came with your TCH or did you sit the Weathertec ontop. Just curious. I don't know if I would use them yearround but maybe.

Quick Reply: Winter Car Mats?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands