youtube video from a dissatisfied owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Electricity Guzzler
Default youtube video from a dissatisfied owner

Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-MDhDbq6jg

I'm esp. curious on everyone's reaction to this "known issue" re: fuel pumps on the early cars that came out before June '06. And yes, my car fits this descrip. and I've had ~ 20 warranty repairs so I'm a little nervous.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: youtube video from a dissatisfied owner

This is the problem for any manufacturer in any industry in these modern technological times. You get one owner that is dissatisfied and it gets posted everywhere.

b.t.w. I have not had a single problem with my car since I got it in Aug 2006.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:00 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Originally Posted by fullofbeans
Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-MDhDbq6jg

I'm esp. curious on everyone's reaction to this "known issue" re: fuel pumps on the early cars that came out before June '06. And yes, my car fits this descrip. and I've had ~ 20 warranty repairs so I'm a little nervous.
I've had mine since May 2006 and other than scheduled maintenance and a replacement of the navigation DVD under warranty, I have had no problems with mine.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

While I feel bad for him with his experience with the fuel pump and other problems, I've got no sympathy on the fuel economy. Clearly, he didn't do his homework.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:40 AM

Does anyone know exactly what he is referring to when he says "the engine brake came on"? And he says he didn't know "there is an engine brake in this car"?

I suppose this is the "B" position on the shifter he is referring to.

Not sure what this has to do with the fuel pump.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbollt
Does anyone know exactly what he is referring to when he says "the engine brake came on"? And he says he didn't know "there is an engine brake in this car"?

I suppose this is the "B" position on the shifter he is referring to.

Not sure what this has to do with the fuel pump.
I don't know how the engine brake could engage by itself, but I'm willing to believe that it happened. I'm not surprised he didn't know about the engine brake. He seemed surprised by his fuel economy even though he was getting just about the same as the reviews I've read.

Something seems odd though. Why would you drive hundreds of kilometers to buy a demo with no discount on a car you don't know much about? He's omitting something from the story.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:09 AM

He got a lemon.
Unfotunately, every manufacturer has them.
In the US, there's the Lemon Law, I believe he is Canadian and I'm not sure if the laws are the same.
I feel bad for him.
I kept expecting the video to show him blowing the car up with dynomite.
Hate to admit it, but I was a bit disappointed that he didn't go "postal" on the car.

Last edited by haroldo; 03-03-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:26 AM

I am not sure he got a lemon! I think he will have problems with anything he owns, not just his cars? Cheere,H

Old 03-03-2008, 08:32 AM

The problem with those things is twofold: you can't really tell what's real and what's not, it could be disgruntled former Toyota's employee or even paid commercial for all I know,. The more bizarre and louder the noise the more attention it gets, I'm sure many of you saw Britney's fan video, the last I heard of him he was going to get his own show and there is no easy way to track the person and get the full story behind. As far as fuel pump problems, if there was one I would think we would know about it here already, we have enough members here and it seems every problem encountered with the car would find it's way here, I do not recall any post mention fuel pump at all.
I'm not saying the guy is full of it, I didn't even see the video because of the firewall at my work and I feel sorry for him if he had all those problems but I don't think he or his message is relevant. BTW, if you keep on running your tank dry all the time you could burn fuel pump in any car due to gas not being there to cool it.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yawn. Guy doesn't know enough about his vehicle - period. Doesn't know it has an engine brake? Read the manual much? Wonder what the "B" is on the shift column?

Much ado about nothing - good quality video though.

Scott

Quick Reply: youtube video from a dissatisfied owner

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands