Assist on WOT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 05:59 PM
YA RLY.
Default Assist on WOT?

I was on another forum and someone said they're testing a RX400h. He claims that at full throttle, the HSD provides no assist. Is this correct?

Old 03-02-2006, 02:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Assist on WOT?

I can't confirm this for the RX, but in general (for the Prius HSD) there is full assist in WOT. You get close to no assist below full throttle, and at very low throttle you get no ICE and all "assist". The reason this makes sense is that the hybrid's 0-60 time is slightly faster than the non-hybrid version (and 0-40 times would make this more clear) so that extra acceleration has to come from somewhere, and the 0-60 times are obviously done at WOT.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast

Since this question was raised, I decided to help my fellow hybrid enthusiast just this once and test this in my HiHy 4wd . I know what you're thinking, but this is for science...

It most certainly did use both power sources and consumed a couple of bars on the battery pretty fast. I don't drive this car this way since I've become obsessed with MPGs, but wow. What a little beast.

I wonder if the other poster had less battery power than some threshold below which there would not be any assist???

Anyhow, have fun!

Old 03-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Automania Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rodney12
Since this question was raised, I decided to help my fellow hybrid enthusiast just this once and test this in my HiHy 4wd . I know what you're thinking, but this is for science...

It most certainly did use both power sources and consumed a couple of bars on the battery pretty fast. I don't drive this car this way since I've become obsessed with MPGs, but wow. What a little beast.

I wonder if the other poster had less battery power than some threshold below which there would not be any assist???

Anyhow, have fun!

I know isn't it amazing!!!!! Love to screw with the minds of those who don't know how fast these really are at WOT.... Oh what a feeling

Old 03-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast

Can I ask a newbie question? What is WOT? I googled it, and all I could find was "War on Terror".

Old 03-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Wide open throttle, cleaned up from WFO.

DAS <-initials

Old 03-08-2006, 05:57 AM
YA RLY.

Originally Posted by Rodney12

Anyhow, have fun!
Thank you for taking a small mileage hit for one tank for the team

Enjoy your HiHy