Fog Lamp Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Default Fog Lamp Replacement

When replacing the fog light bulbs do you have to remove the headlamp assembly on the 05/06 Highlander HH or RX? I see no way to access from below, so I'm assuming you have to remove the HL assembly. All the manual says is see your dealer.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Fog Lamp Replacement

"see your dealer and hand over $80"

Old 09-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fog Lamp Replacement

The chrome ring around the lens aparently snaps in place and the lamp and lens assembly unsnaps and is removed directly from the hole accordingly to the comment I found below from another forum:

The fog lights use a type 9006 bulb. You can get them from Toyota or just go to Autozone and save some $$. You can use the blue and purple colors if you want, but if you go with no tint, don't get anything higher than 55 watt. I'm not sure the wiring harness is built to withstand any more heat than a 55 watt would create. So now plug the bulbs into the fog light assemblies and lock by turning whichever way is printed on the fogs. Plug the harness into the bulb and push the fog light assembly into the hole. It will be obvious which way and which hole the fog assemblies go in. The little black tab snaps into the little hole on the bottom side of each fog light hole. Don't worry, that'll make sense when you see it. The fog lights don't take up the entire hole, so you put the protectors on around it. Those just snap in place.