Highlander Hacks

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Highlander Navigation Override

Originally Posted by japawlow
There is a link to get Navi override
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...mZ290266003768

The Highlander is not included in the list of vehicles it works with.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Highlander Hacks

Mr Kite,
Sure it is .....scroll all of the way down to the bottom and the Highlander 2007, 2008 are included in the list.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Highlander Hacks

Mr Kite,
You mentioned "stage 4" in an ealier post to this topic.

Can you please elaborate - or provide a link - on the "stages" that the hybrid system goes through?

Thanks in advance....

Old 10-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rdalemercer
Mr Kite,
Sure it is .....scroll all of the way down to the bottom and the Highlander 2007, 2008 are included in the list.
Hmmm... When I posted that at 05:38 PDT, the Highlander wasn't included. The listing was edited at 06:31:59 PDT (almost an hour after I posted) to include the Highlander. Is this japawlow's ebay listing? Why wasn't the Highlander in there before? That behavior and the fact that other company's overrides do not work on the 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid makes me skeptical.
Originally Posted by rdalemercer
Mr Kite,
You mentioned "stage 4" in an ealier post to this topic.

Can you please elaborate - or provide a link - on the "stages" that the hybrid system goes through?

Thanks in advance....
Here's the link for the stages:
http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/five-stages.txt

Last edited by Mr. Kite; 10-07-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast

Mr Kite,
Thanks for the link. I found it both informative and helpful.

To your other point, I would agree with your skepticism. The techs do not yet seem to know of a workaround for the NAV system so I would doubt any claims to the contrary by someone selling it on EBay. My Gen5 Lexus is able to go into the "override" mode which is quite useful - BUT, that being said the only reason to need to do so is if the NAV system does not respond to your spoken commands well and is useless without the workaround (as in the GEN5).

I am currently waiting for my 09 HyHi Limited to arrive and I am told that the new NAV systems are "worlds better" than what has been offered previously. I know that they are still not as good as the ones that are available in Japan (3D maps, showing available free parking garage space and able to show you real time traffic conditions with automatic workarounds) - but I guess when you live in a country the size of the State of California the infrastructure is much easier to develop and implement.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Enthusiast

[quote=rdalemercer;188695]Mr Kite,
Thanks for the link. I found it both informative and helpful.

To your other point, I would agree with your skepticism. The techs do not yet seem to know of a workaround for the NAV system so I would doubt any claims to the contrary by someone selling it on EBay. My Gen5 Lexus is able to go into the "override" mode which is quite useful - BUT, that being said the only reason to need to do so is if the NAV system does not respond to your spoken commands well and is useless without the workaround (as in the GEN5).

quote]

I have an 06 Lexus rx400h. You may want to google lockpick, or bluelockpick. I have one of these, and it works wonders with the Nav system. I haven't looked in a while, but mine only works up to a certain mapping disk, so i can't upgrade the map, but what the heck, the maps are only "guides" anyway, right?