HiHy badging - can't Toyota do better?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default HiHy badging - can't Toyota do better?

I posted this in the Introductions section, but it may get more exposure here.

Anyone have any latest information on Toyota's ideas as to more prominent badging for the HiHy? I looked under the hood at the plastic cover for the auxiliary (i.e., battery) cooling system, and there's a b/w stick-on label (thin aluminum, or otherwise metallic?) that says "Hybrid Synergy System", but with no color and no little logo design. I'm considering peeling it carefully off and applying it to the back with double sticky tape for greater prominence. I asked my dealer's parts department about buying just the sticker, but you have to buy the whole cover for $190. !

I understand that more prominent badging is being considered for next year's HiHy and Lexus. I guess the Lexus owners have it worse - - all they get is an "h" at the end of the standard badge.

Look at the size and prominence of the badging for the Honda, or even the Ford Escape, for goodness' sakes!

Anyone have a source for an after-market basdge, or is anyone making one, or does anyone want to go into the business (for love, obviously, not money)? Maybe we should just start our own independent or "club" badge or something, and design something cool and eye-catching. Let me know.

I have considered a paper sign with "this car fights terrorists", "less oil used" or something, but it might be lost on (or mis-interpreted by) many other drivers. Perhaps bragging about the mpg and breathing easier, or the ULEV status would be more productive.

Any other thoughts from anyone?

Old 08-31-2005, 07:58 AM
2006 Toyota Highlander
Default Re: HiHy badging - can't Toyota do better?

I think that Toyota should be sending out adhesive letters for the back, to go under the word "Highlander" and next to the little logo. Those things are easy to apply as long as you keep them straight.

It'd probably increase sales as people see them on the road.

Old 08-31-2005, 11:23 AM
Enthusiast

Myself, I am quite happy with the little "Hybrid Synergy Drive" badge on the back of our Highlander Hybrid. We have had the vehicle for only two weeks and I have already had several people ask me about it. First thing they notice are the wheels. When I tell them it is a hybrid they can't believe it. Others have looked at us funny when we drive through parking lots without any motor noise. I'm going to make my "hybrid" statement by purchasing a license plate frame from the GreenHybrid store.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:57 PM
Enthusiast

I put an Arbor logo on my back bumper. It is a stylized Koa tree that seems to fit well with the HH. Arbor makes high end snowboards and skateboards. Their signature is a Koa top sheet that makes all their boards look great. Below is a picture of my HH with the sticker.

hh.jpg

Old 10-15-2005, 06:00 AM
EMO
HiHy Lover
Smile Re: HiHy badging - can't Toyota do better?

I rather like the very understated badge. But I am planning on getting personalized plates: ELEKTRK. (ELECTRC is already in use in my state.)

Old 10-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Enthusiast

I'll try to get a picture posted but in Canada my HH has the word Hybrid in letters the same size as the Highlander tag and next to the HSD symbol.

Very Nice.

Old 10-16-2005, 06:00 PM

How about being a source for the hybrid badge for people in the US. Get a bunch of people from the US that want the hybrid badge and pick some up at the dealer and sell them to people here at a slight profit.

I would sugest making sure you have buyers before you purchase them.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Enthusiast

How the heck do i attach a picture here?

Old 10-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You need to post it in the "Share" section, then just copy the BB code link that appears under the image you just uploaded into the message you want the image to appear in.

Old 10-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks.

This is what the canadian HH Tag looks like.

Quick Reply: HiHy badging - can't Toyota do better?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands