HiHy badging - can't Toyota do better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HiHy badging - can't Toyota do better?

Is it possible to BUY one of these "HYBRID" tags? Where? How Much? And, where can I sign up?

I really want my HiHy to be a bit more obviously a hybrid.

I look forward to finding out ... if someone in Canada can buy one ... please let me know, I'll send the funds immediately!

Thanks!
DJ

Old 10-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Enthusiast

Next time I visit my dealer I'll see if there is a part number for the HYBRID applique.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Enthusiast

I LOVE the badge the Canadians get!!! Ask the dealer for the cost, and let us know here.

I had seen a photo of a first-generation Prius here: http://cleancities.nctcog.org/billio...on%20Event.pdf
(warning: 14.6 Mb - -photos). This was mostly fleet vehicles, including buses, for our Council of Governments' "billion gallons saved" event in October. Credit to the city of Fort Worth TX for their first-generation Prius fleet vehicles. Scroll down for photo.

I have never managed to get near one of these when it's standing still, so I haven't yet seen it up close. Anyway, I noticed the script "hybrid" badge for the car (left rear), and thought "I need one of those for MY car!".

I took my HiHy in for its first oil change last week, and while waiting I talked to the guy at the parts counter. Yes, they sell those - - price is $24.98. I figured 25 bucks wasn't TOO much for some identification, and I get to put it where I want it. I just got a call back from the dealer, and I can pick up my first accessory!

Would anyone here like to suggest the best location for the "Hybrid" badge? I am thinking of the left side, above or below the "Toyota", since the "Hybrid Synergy" badge (the one I call the postage stamp) is on the right side. Let me know what you think.

Old 11-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Here are details of our 2001 Prius hybrid logo:

Larger version

Old 12-14-2005, 07:24 PM

I just saw a HiHy for the first time today, as it passed me, doing about 80-85 mph. It was silver, with AZ plates. I was going down the I-10 west, through downtown Phoenix. The dude was driving like a nut! Hauling butt to catch up to the vehicle in front of him, then riding the bumper of that car. Constantly switching lanes. Looked just like a non-hybrid driver!

In fact, if it wasn't for knowing what that extremely small Toyota hybrid emblem on the back meant, I wouldn't have known all it was a hybrid! Thus, why I posted this info into this thread.

But anyways, the dude eventually got off the I-10 somewhere around 50th Ave. I just thought I'd share what I witnessed today.

Old 12-15-2005, 05:02 AM
Automania Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bar10dah
I just saw a HiHy for the first time today, as it passed me, doing about 80-85 mph. It was silver, with AZ plates. I was going down the I-10 west, through downtown Phoenix. The dude was driving like a nut! Hauling butt to catch up to the vehicle in front of him, then riding the bumper of that car. Constantly switching lanes. Looked just like a non-hybrid driver!

In fact, if it wasn't for knowing what that extremely small Toyota hybrid emblem on the back meant, I wouldn't have known all it was a hybrid! Thus, why I posted this info into this thread.

But anyways, the dude eventually got off the I-10 somewhere around 50th Ave. I just thought I'd share what I witnessed today.
Ahhhh... the I10 and 101 Loop race way. On my trips there I've seen a lot of crazy driving. I hear it will get better when they get done installing the cameras and speed loops.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:32 AM

The speed cameras are only going up on the Scottsdale section of the 101. At least, for now. It's a 10 mile stretch. Effective date is 1 Jan '06.

Old 12-20-2005, 05:21 PM
EMO
HiHy Lover

I got my personalized plate HIHY today -- that should get people noticing. (My husband thinks people will just wave at me more.)

I think a plate frame will be my next accessory. I LOVE the "Yes, I Go Both Ways" but, again, the DH is not thrilled. Luckily I have to coax him to drive it. The other day he got cold waiting for me at the post office...he didn't think the heater would come on if he turned it on in park. Duh.

Which reminds me -- other dumb questions/comments....

A friend (who used to be a banker and is pretty smart) asked me if I only bought a half-tank of gas? Double Duh.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Enthusiast

I ordered a couple extra HSD badges (part #75445-48040) from an online dealer-- about $17 each -- and mounted them on the front fenders below the "Highlander" badge. Oh, yeah, and my personalized plate: "MYBRID" gets the looks.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:39 PM

Keep an eye on eBay. You may be able to find official Toyota badges and such, as well as third party/aftermarket vinyl window stickers and the like. It's where I get my hybrid "fix" for stuff (Ford leaf & road hybrid logo keychain and such, in my case).

Quick Reply: HiHy badging - can't Toyota do better?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands