Nav Screen Protector?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Nav Screen Protector?

Anyone with Nav have a screen protector? I've only had my Hihy for about 4 months and I can already see certain spots on the screen that are absorbing oils or??? from fingers.

I wonder if there's an easy to apply film that could protect the screen. Anyone done this or have any ideas?

I imagine it would be like the screen covers you can get for a digital camera display.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Nav Screen Protector?

I'm using the logic that the film does exist because it is available for PDA screens. I'm sure you can find it. Do a search like "eclipse navigation screen protectors".

Old 09-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Enthusiast

Do a search on PDA sites for "screen protector". There are materials that can be purchased at craft stores that people have reported good success with.

Here are a couple sites:
brighthand.com
pocketpcthoughts.com

Old 09-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Enthusiast

I just installed a $20 shield from www.nushield.com. The company gives the choice of year, model, make of car. The part number for the 2006 Highlander Hybrid Limited was NU147A. The only thing needed is the shield-they include a cleaning cloth. The material is not soft. It is a flexible plastic that is not easy to install in the spece between the screen and the frame. I thought it was about an eighth of an inch too long, but my dexterious wife did it with just a tiny crease left. It takes no more input pressure on the screen than without it.
It works great.

Old 09-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

I paid around $4.35 each for the ones I had in my GX470 previously from a company called "Strong Engineering" Here's their website... http://www.strongengineering.com It does look like they have gotten wise to the market value now though as all their screeen's are listed as $9.19 each. The other problem is that I see they have the Toyota Landcruiser listed but NOT the highlander. Maybe I'll find the fortitude to organize a "group buy" for Acura TL & Highlander drivers. Stay tuned.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Enthusiast

I just saw on digg that javoedge (another company that makes PDA screen protectors) just launched some TSX and TL screen protectors. I was looking for the exact same thing the original poster was looking for. Thought I'd share what I've found.

Maybe you can contact them to see if they will make one for the highlander?

http://www.digg.com/gadgets/Acura_TS..._Protectors_no

http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/...gps&column=two