Replacing Cabin Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Replacing Cabin Air Filter

I just recently replaced my cabin air filter, and for those who have read my posts, I have always held in high regard Wix filters. I currently have 37,286 miles on my 2006, and I was well overdue for the filter replacement. After pulling down the glovebox and removing the filter, I was thoroughly disgusted. The filter was ripped on three of the pleats and completely blackened with junk. If you have not replaced the cabin air filter, it's a simple 5 minute step, inexpensive and will have you gagging with the junk that's on there. By the way, my dealer recommended changing the filter 17,000 miles ago...whoops.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Replacing Cabin Air Filter

Yes, I replace the engine air and cabin air filter at 15K mile intervals. The tricky part about getting to the HiHy cabin air filter is removing and replacing the plastic pins that hold the glove box in place.