Aftermarket Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Aftermarket Radio

This might be too late but, i just put in an aftermarket Kenwood in my 05 prius and it works great they make a dash kit to replace the stock radio. hoiwever in order to make your dash display work properly you need to jump 2 wires in the left over harness with a 68 ohm resistor. Its a simple thing to do you just have to know the 2 wires one is pink one is white in the 9 and 10 slot of the leftover harness. and i also replaced the front door speakers and tweaters. Sounds great... Good luck. Dean

Old 01-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dkrants
I have just bought Prius '05.
I have Alpine CD/MP3 player with Sirius satellite and I-pod adapters in my Mits Eclipse.
I would really like to be able to use all these things in my new Prius.
Does anyone know if it is possible to install a third-party radio in it and what it takes to do it?

Thanks
Dmitry

Maybe its just me but I would not change it, The dealer can install the xm/sirrus sat or go for the gusto and put the premium jbl sys in...
04 # 5 with leather omitted..

Old 01-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Aftermarket Radio

I purchased a eXact Sirrus small tuner for $50.00 (w/mail in rebate from crutchfield) then purchased a universal cell phone holder (from radio shack) and mounted it to the area under the center dash compartment door. Looks like a PDA , I then ran the antenna hid the wires (pwr & ant). Set the tuner to a specific frequency and on my stock radio, now I have sat/am/fm/cd. and it wont take away from the resale value having a butchered or gaping hole (from lost components) in the dash.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:45 AM
Enthusiast

Mr Bosox has installed "XM for Prius"== go to this site for information of installing either XM or Sirius for your on screen touch equipment! Jeff from VA